Chapter 12: Talking it out

Y/N POV
"Promise." I smile and we sip away at our milos.

~Time Skip~

As I stare at Sally's sleeping face, I run my fingers through her hair. 'How on earth did she get pulled into all of this? She called Slender daddy but she doesn't look or act like him... I 'spose she has a past?' Sally shuffles a little in her sleep. We are both asleep in Sally's fluffy pink single bed, I insisted on sleeping on the floor but she said that she wants me to cuddle her until she falls asleep, just like her mummy use to. She's the reason I am here, I did it for her. But is that the real reason or is it something else? I feel like there's an important secret locked behind a steel door and once it's open, everything will be clear, but what is that secret?

As if on cue the door creaks open slowly and quietly, I am able to see who it is since Sally's pink butterfly night light is bright (damn that was a mouthful) "Y/N can I talk with you?" He whispers, trying not to wake Sally. "Why?" I whisper back and he just walks out of the room, expecting me to follow. I get up from Sally's bed, carefully climbing over her, since I was sleeping on the side against the wall. I felt like a ninja as I creeped towards the door and closed it after me.

We walk in silence. Once we are outside the mansion, in the forest, I let my questions fly. "What do you want? To hurt me again? To talk about my past? To emotionally drain me?" I shout and poke him in the chest. "Y/N calm down! I'm here to apologise!" Bloody paint holds his arms up in surrender. "Well I'm no- wait what?" My eyes widen and I stare at him. "I-I'm sorry for what I said, I know what happened that day you got that scar and I want you to know I was there... I-in the shadows, o-of course!" It takes a while for his words to settle in. "A-and you didn't stop it?" My voice quivers a bit and he reaches behind his back. "I think that he would want you to have this..." He whispers and hands me a notepad. As I flip through the pages the memories flood back. I stop on a certain page, the page with a sketch of Helen's bench.

It's Helen's notepad...

"H-how?" I ask him as a single tear rolls down my cheek. I don't normally cry, the most I cried was when Helen died and after that I didn't show my emotions around others, at all. But since meeting the others my emotions have taken over. "I collected it for you, a-and made a promise to Helen that I would look after you" He places his hands on top of my hands, that are still holding the open book. "W-why?" I ask with the tear now dried on my face. "Well, y-you could say I was a close friend." That caused me to break down and fall to my knees. The tears poured and poured. Helen closed the book and placed it beside me, I tried to reach for it but he grabbed my arm and pulled me into a tight embrace.

We sat there. On the ground. For god knows how long, as I cried and he patted my head. As I cried my last few tears darkness started to cloud my vision. The last thing I saw was Bloody painter starting to remove his mask, but before I could see his face, I fell into a deep sleep.

~Dream~

My eyes fluttered open gently to a bright sun, shining through the trees. I sit up and look around, I'm at the bench. "How did I get here?" I question myself and notice a figure walking out of the shadows. "H-Helen?"  I stand up and run towards him, embracing him in a bear hug. He's looks older now and is taller. "I thought you left me? Where have you been? They told me you died, I can't believe I believed them!" I interrogate him and he gives a gorgeous laugh. "I haven't gone anywhere, my sweet Y/N. I was always here" He pointed at my chest. "My boobs?" I raise an eyebrow at him. "No silly, your heart" He chuckles and I scoff. "I must go..." He whispers sadly and you look up at him. "W-wait what?" You take a step back and he smiles sadly at you. "You will see me very soon, I promise" He takes a few steps back as everything starts to blur and disappear slowly. "Promise?" You shout as a small tear strays down your cheek and falls off your chin. "Promise" He whispers back and everything turns white.

I jolt up and search my surroundings. "Why the hell am I at the bench?!" I shout and stand up, taking in my surroundings. "HELEN?! WHERE ARE YOU?!" I shout and start running in the direction he appeared in, in my dream. "Y/N?!" You hear a voice shout back. "HELEN?!" I shout again, waiting for a reply. Yet there was no reply. Getting frustrated I run around the forest, searching and searching, for hours and hours, for that voice that I missed so much.

~Time Skip~

The pain that comes with that voice is hardly bearable, but if I find the owner the pain will go away. "WHERE ARE YOU?!" I scream as loud as possible, breaking into tears. The anger, the pain, the sadness, the hope was to much. I let out an ear piercing scream. My heads pounding, the feelings are pouring out, the emotions, the life, the excruciating pain, all pouring out. It's all to much for my body to handle. Loud bangs, cracks, pop and others shouting is all voiced out by my screams. I only manage to let out two ear piecing screams before a group surrounds me.

"Wha-what's happening to her?!" I hear a familiar voice shout, it's BEN.
"The tree-s! There s-snapping in hal-f!" Another voice shouts, Toby.
"What the hell is she doing!" Jeff.
"Don't go near her! Don't move her or touch her! She'll die if you do!" Slender.
"Y/N! Stop! You promised me you'd stay!" Sally.
"Why is she screaming?!" EJ.
"What the hell?!" Jeff, again.
There are other shouts but I can't hear them, I can't stop screaming, the pain is too much. I feel like my body is breaking, which is not a good thing.

I feel all my bones twisting and popping, causing excruciating pain. The cracks and bangs around me are getting louder as well as my screaming. The ground beneath me slowly disappears, I'm in mid air. Also known as flying. HUMANS DON'T FLY!! Suddenly something snaps inside me. My spine. I drop from two stories high, straight to the ground. Everything goes black with another loud snap.