Chapter 39 - Reminisce

Her whole body froze. She had forgotten how to breathe.

What? What did she say??

"Y..What?" Holly stumbled over her words.

"I'm pregnant."

She was so confused.

"Are you sure? Like 100% sure?"

"After you left today, I came to try and find you. But I didn't know where you were and you weren't answering your phone. I went to the doctors to see if there were any emergency appointments left. Luckily, I got in. I explained everything to the doctor and he agreed that I might be pregnant. He did an ultrasound and well, here we are."

The younger girl let out a sigh, realising that she had been holding her breath the entire time. Holly was happy, of course she was. But how had this happened? They had been so careful, it didn't make any sense.

"So what now?"

Allison looked at the brunette. "I..I don't know."

"Are you happy?"

Her brow furrowed and she looked down into her lap. She didn't speak, but her body language let Holly know that she was upset.

"Allison?"

"Honestly, I don't know. I want children, but not yet. Not like this." She paused for a moment. "It just all seems so sudden, and I'm not going to lie - I'm still in shock. It wasn't long ago that I was flying to the UK just to look for you. You've been gone from my life for so long, and when I first found you again, you had a girlfriend. You were happy and as far as you were concerned, I didn't exist anymore."

Holly felt her heart skip a beat as Allison finished her sentence. Her words hurt. She hadn't forgotten about her at all, she had tried to move on to stop her from being so depressed all the time.

"Maybe it was meant to be like this."

"I'm an adult, Holly. You're not even 20 yet. You're young and I don't want you tied up with me and a child this young. You haven't lived your life yet. What if you decide in a few years that you don't want to be with me anymore?"

"Do you honestly think I'd leave you over this? We've spoken about kids and you know how much I want that. Maybe the timing isn't the best, but when have we ever cared about that? You were my teacher when I first met you, Allison. But did that stop us from being together?"

"I've just got my job back. Principal Morrison will probably fire me again when he finds out. And what will all of the other teachers say?"

Holly moved away slightly, creating distance between the two of them. "So now this is a case of being ashamed of me, yeah? It was pretty obvious the other day that we were still together when we had a meeting with the Principal. Fuck the other teachers, who cares about that? You don't even speak to them outside of work hours, so why does that bother you? Why do you care more about strangers feelings than you do my own?"

Allison sighed. It was true, she was worried about what others would think of her. But that didn't mean she was ashamed of her relationship. "I'm not ashamed. I'd never be ashamed of you. But I can't work with people who are constantly going to be talking about me behind my back."

Holly stood up, furious at the things that she was hearing. "Well then you need to have a serious think about what's going to happen. I love you, Allison. And I will love our baby. But if what people think is more important than your family, then I don't know what we can do."

She made her way out into the hallway and up the stairs. "I'm going for a shower." Then I'll sleep in the spare bed. Goodnight."

Once in the bathroom, she peeled off her soaking wet clothes and tossed them aside into a pile on the floor. She turned on the shower and stepped in, letting the hot water run over her body. Tiny goosebumps appeared on her skin as the water made contact, her body was so cold from being out in the rain. Sighing, she leaned forward and pressed her forehead into the wall, hoping that the noise of the water would drown out Allisons words that were still ringing in her ears. She was worried so worried about Allison, and she knew that It was going to be hard for her when her collegues found out who she was having a child with. But she just felt like her feelings had been cast aside.

***

Allison couldn't let the issue be slept on. She wasn't about to spend another lonely night in bed without her lover. She climbed the stairs, hearing the shower from across the hallway. Quietly, she opened the door and saw Holly standing under the water, her head still pressed up against the wall.

Quickly and quietly, she removed her clothes, being careful not to disturb the younger girl. The shower door slid the shower door open a little and Allison snuck inside. She took a step forward and reached out, wrapping her arms around Hollys waist and pressing a short, gentle kiss to the back of her neck. Holly didn't move, but Allison could hear her breathing heavily, almost like she was crying.

"I'm sorry." Allison whispered, the side of her face pressed up against the brunettes back as she continued to hold her.

Holly turned around, wrapping her arms around Allison and resting her chin on the top of her head. She stroked her hair gently as the water fell over the two of them.

"Don't." She said, her voice cracking slightly.

"Don't what?" Allison asked, confused.

Holly pulled out of their embrace slightly, resting the palm of her hand on Allisons stomach. "Don't get rid of him. Or her. Please."

Allison scrunched up her face, keeping her eyes shut tightly to stop herself from crying. She knew she really wanted this baby. And Allison did too. But the timing was all wrong, and the blonde didn't want Holly to end up resenting her for ruining her life with a child.

"I don't care how hard this is." Holly continued before Allison had a chance to speak. "I know I'm young, but I love you. And I don't want anyone else but you. The second I saw you walk through the door for the first time, I knew I wanted you. For so long after I returned to England, I dreamed every single night of stories like this. I never thought I was going to see you again, I thought I would never have a life like this. But you came for me, and now I have you, AND our baby. And I could never explain how happy that makes me. I know I can't make you keep this baby because It's your body and I completely respect that, but please, at least think about the future first. Think about how things could turn out. The possiblity of everyday being completely different to the day before. Each day, there'll be a new adventure. And I know that there's a million other couples out there that would kill to have a life like that. So just please, please think about it."