Chapter 14

Another update. Super happy about the response from last time since I gots a bunch of new fans and votes. :) Lack of comments, though, but it's fine. Enjoy!

Austin's POV

I really, really want to stab Cathy. 

First, she declares Danika as 'off limits' then drags me to her date. Holy hell. I, in all honesty, have never seen a girl as beautiful as Danika that night. It pissed me off, though. She didn't seem... Well, comfortable. Not herself. Don't get me wrong, I will probably never see a girl as breath takingly gorgeous, but she didn't seem happy. She seemed sort of angry.

I couldn't stop fucking looking at her. And Cathy, being the demon she is, was pointing out her every sensual spot, teasing me relentlessly.

God, look at Danika's lips. They're so...kissable. Right? Isn't that what you want to do? Kiss her? Must suck to be sitting here with me, then, eh? 

I swear, I want that girl's head on a stick. How can Danika live with her? I know that Cathy is totally hot, but she is cruel. Like that one Elvis song, Devil in Disguise. 

That's what she's turning Danika into, at least. 

Danika stood up, her hair cascading like perfect blonde waters.(Sheesh, I'm cheesy.)

"What are you-"

"I am way to good to be going on a pity date with you. Stop loving me, Jeremey. I'll never feel the same way about you."

That scared the shit out of me. 

The thought that she could say that so easily, the thought that she could replace Jeremey with Austin scared me. Thank god I didn't tell her. She'd shoot me down instantly. I can't say I wasn't happy about her zero feelings for Jeremey, though. 

I've been avoiding going to her house in the mornings. I can't brush her off as easily now. So I've been making Sam come over to my place to drive us, have breakfast. His parents are never home, anyway. Unlike my mother, who doesn't even know how to drive.

I got into Sam's car, my mom waving me goodbye. I half smile, waving, as we drive off. I look at Sam, who looks like he wants to say something.

"Dude. Spit it out," I say, because it looks like he's going to burst.

"I can't."

"Yeah, you can. You just talk, and it happens. Ta da." He glares at me, and I roll my eyes.

"No, I mean I'm not supposed to."

"Then you should definitely tell me."

Sam darts his eyes from me to the road, and I know he's going to crack soon. He just can't lie to me. Which, if you're me, is awesome.

You know what else is awesome? His siste-

You finish that, I kill you.

"Um, Cathy thinks you're hot?" He says hopefully, and I chuckle.

"Dude, come on. Half the school thinks that."

"Ego, much?" He laughs, but I shrug.

"S'true. Can't help it, bruh. Now what's the real thing."

He sighs, and looks at me weirdly for a moment. I smirk.

"You're not gay, right?" I ask. He doesn't say anything for a moment, and my eyes widen. 

"I'm okay with it, man, but I am not telling Lyric."

He glares at me, and I stop laughing. I feel like a kid with his hand caught in the cookie jar.