Chapter 7

So, guess what? I had to go to the hospital, which is why this update is late. Don't worry, I'm fine now, but I didn't want any complainin'! Okay, now onto the delicious chapter....Mmm....

************************************

"What. Were. You. Thinking?!" She screeched, making me wince. "All this disruption and screaming over a high school romance?!"

I blushed at the thought, but kept my mouth shut. Jeremey and I had glued our eyes to the floor, tracing patterns in the carpet as Austin sat back and smirked. Smug bastard. She whipped her head towards me.

"And you! An honor student? In this mess? You should know better, Miss Walker. I am ashamed of you!" I  shut my eyes tightly as she pointed at me with a long, liver-spotted finger, decorated with hot red acrylic nails.  I looked at her desk, seeing the name plate read 'Mrs. Halbert'.

"Mrs. Halbert, I apologize. We didn't know we were that loud." I say confidently, though it was betrayed by myself not looking into her onyx eyes. Pardon my french, but this woman was terrifying as fuck.

I could feel her glare burning into me, and I guessed that she could see right through me. I shuddered, pushing hair out of my face.

"For Christ sakes, stop playing with your hair! And Miss Walker, I think you knew exactly how loud you were!" She yelled again, crossing her arms. I went to push my hair back, but quickly stopped, folding my hands in my lap.

"And Mr. Collins! You are in the same exact position as Miss Walker! You two are acomplished students with no history of inappropriate behavior. In fact, Mr. Collins, I believe you are attempting to run for a position at Student Government?" As soon as she said that, Jeremey's eyes widened and he grew pale. He nodded, but not without shaking. Her crow eyes narrowed.

"Let's see if this doesn't keep you off of it." She snarled, looking almost like a pug. I sat up straighter, as if on instinct.

"But Mrs. Halbert, that's not fair!" I shouted, but then slammed a hand over my mouth when I saw her direct her witch like nose at me.

"It would be wise to keep your thoughts to yourself, Miss Walker." I swear I could see a snakes tongue hissing when she said 'Miss'. Austin leaned forward, his smug demeanor and smile still intact, completely unshaken.

"Come on, Pamela, we both know it was me who started it. Let's not bring the kiddies into this." Austin said, his voice deep and calm. My eyes widened at Pamela, but narrowed when he called Jeremey and I kiddies. Seriously. We're all sophmores here. 

The subjected 'Pamela' rose a brow and pursed her lips like she'd just eaten something sour. She placed her hands on her hips, and from the look she was giving Austin, I wondered if she thought she could make him spontaniously combust.

"Why is it that you get caught with a girl every week?" She said, her voice stern. I looked down to hide my widening eyes. Every week? 

Austin smirked and said, "That's cause I can get a girl every week."

Every week?

Mrs. Halbert rolled her eyes. "It's a wonder you're in Honors English, Pluss." I could feel her look at me.

Every week?

"To be honest, I can't picture Miss Walker as your type. Or you hers, frankly." She said, and I wondered if Austin had been here so often that she could judge that. Or maybe she's just caught him with so many girls she could just tell.

I bit my lip, crossing my arms.

"I know. She's not, I'm not. I was just teasing her about flirting with the dweeb. Hence the shouting from little old Romeo over there," Austin said, nodding towards Jeremey. I whipped my head up and looked at him.

What?!

Mrs. Halbert's mouth made an 'o' as she smiled softly at Jeremey and I. "Oh, alright. That makes more sense. They suit each other more...both having the same intrests and all." 

Austin nodding, biting the inside of his cheek. "And by intrests you mean being socially inept?"

"Oh, Mr. Pluss, don't tease them. Now, you will be serving a detention." Mrs. Halbert smirked. Austin's jaw dropped.

"What about them?" Austin complained, pointing at me. My heart stung, and for whatever reason, I felt really let down by him. Like he had thrown me under the bus and went off to go make out with some Reese Witherspoon look-a-like.

Sounded like something he'd do.

The middle aged woman's red mouth coiled up into a smirk. "They don't have any history of disruption. You, however, have several incidents of this. Besides, I'm going to the give the lovely couple a break. You? Not so much. Get out, all of you, and enjoy detention Mr. Pluss."

Austin grumbled as we all picked up our things and left, entering the empty halls. Jeremey opened his mouth to speak, but I cut him to it.

"Danik-"

"No. I have never been so embarrassed, and frankly Jeremey, I do not have the will power to talk to you without punching you. Please, go away." I said through gritted teeth, every word dripping with ice. Jeremey nodded and left, shaking a bit.

Good.

I heard a bark of a laugh behind me, and I clenched my fists again.

"I gotta admit, Chewbacca, you sure know how to terrifying when you want to." Austin said, flashing me his million watt smile. It fell when he saw tears threatening to fall from my eyes.

"What the hell was that?" I asked, my voice breaking. 

"Um... Care to explain what 'that' is?" Austin said, his face knitting together in confusion like a scarf.  I walked closer to him, looking in his perfect brown eyes.

"You kissed me. You-" my voice was breaking, but I took another swallow of air. "You said I was..." You said I was yours. But I don't say that. My eyes, instead, frantically search his face, his eyes, his lips. 

"Danny, I...I can't let people know about that. It'd kill me. Besides... Pam was right. I'm not your type." Austin said, his eyes caring and unfortunately honest. I glared at him though tears ran down my face.

"Why? Because I'm not popular? Well, your an idiot, but I don't care who knows." I snap, and even though it kills me to be mean to him, I say it anyway. He returns my glare.

"Yeah, it's because you're not popular. And frankly, you aren't much to look at either. But I still like you, Chewbacca, and I want you to respect that." He hissed, and I wince, taken aback. 

Of course, I knew I wasn't popular. And I wasn't beautiful or pretty. Or sometimes even that likable. But I didn't think he'd come out and say it. He must have seen the look on my face, because he instantly got this caring, apologetic look on his face.

"I'm sorry, Chewb-" I stop him with a hand.

"Chewbacca is not a term of endearment, asshole." I say, a bit to loud. I turn away, going to class and trying to pretend I don't hear Austin calling my name or my sobs.

********************

NOOOOooooo! Don't worry, Danny, I'll protect you. Even though I am the one who wrote this... Ha. Still, don't worry, things will get happy again. ;)