Chapter 15

Picture is of Sammy...

Sam's POV

Lyric kissed me on the mouth during break, but I remained a bit shell shocked. She smiled up at me, though, and I was powerless. I had to smile back, at least for her sake. Her pretty mouth fell, thin, light eyebrows scrunching together. 

"What's wrong?"

I shook my head, but then realized that I might as welll tell her. Lyric is really understanding-it's one of the reasons I fell in love with her. So I take a deep breath, grab her arm, pull her into a less populated area, and spill.

"So, Austin doesn't and Danika don't know about each others feelings?" I nodd as she pouts.

"That's so sad..." Her eyes get all watery, and I half smile.

"So what should I do?" 

She stood still for a minute, thinking until her eyes looked up. Lyric's brown eyes grew pitying, like she felt guilty.

"Oh, I think I did something wrong..."

"What? It couldn't have been to bad."

"Well, um, I helped out your sister. Did you see her today?"

I shook my head and Lyric bit her lip, frowning.

"She wanted me to, um, help her with some makeup. I thought she wanted to be seen differently, but I didn't totally understand why. I just assumed she wanted to mess with Austin, since he isn't the kindest to her. But now, I think she actually wants to really hurt him..."

"My sister wouldn't do that." I was adamant about that, Danika is to kind hearted to do that. 

"I think she's just hurt, so she wants to hurt him back. I sort of feel like an asset..."

I sighed, deeply. "When did we get so caught up in this?" 

Lyric smiled, saying, "They're just to crazy kids in love."

I rose a brow. "We aren't like that, and I love you."

I liked the way Lyric looked when I told her I loved her. Her face got all soft, and she would always smile. 

"I love you, too, Sammy, but lets focus." 

"Sammy?"

Lyric giggled. "Cathy got me hooked on it. But seriously. We should tell them, right?"

I nodded, kissing the top of her head. Lyric hates when I do that because it makes her feel short, but she doesn't complain as much. My mind wandered, drifting off to the serious look in Austin's eyes when he said he loved Danika.

I've never seen him look like that, not once. He almost seemed mad, like I wouldn't believe him. Well, I did. How could I not? 

So we went off to different directions, with a final, lingering kiss goodbye. 

Danika's POV

Austin looked at me for a second. Just one second. Did I overdo it? Did I do to little? I was freaking out until I got his note. The familiar, tight letters stared back at me, and I almost laughed.

Can we please talk? I'm really sorry.

I won't lie and say I didn't want to leap into his arms then, but it was a definite no. I was on a mission. One little note won't get him anywhere, and this smelled a bit to cheesy. So I sent him his note, something I still had in my backpack. 

I knew I still loved him as I walked through my classes, gushing inside over the new stares. How could I not? Love wasn't something that could immideatly go away, and mine certainly wasn't. No, I was still very much in love with him, which only fueled my fire. I had an advantage. Love made me crazy, so I would do anything. There was no limit.