Chapter 17

Cathy's POV

That's it. That is so it! 

Danika's head rested on my shoulder, and I could tell she was about to cry. I bit my lip tightly. I can handle Keegan, he's just an idiot, but Austin? Hell, no. Doesn't he like her? At least a little? Well, I'm done trying to let these two work out their problems for themselves. 

I led Danika to the girls room and put her in one of the stalls. She slumped against the adjacent wall, getting a far away look in her eyes that she gets when she's sad. I kissed her on the forehead.

"I'll be right back, sweety. Stay here," I said, getting the slightest nodd out of her. I pursed my lips and exited the bathroom, stalking the halls for Austin, who was found near the cafeteria and talking with Gabe something and some other dude. I stomped over to him and grabbed his shoulder to swing him around.

"We need to talk, Pluss."

He shrugged to the boys he was talking to, who I gave an apologetic smile. I took him a bit away and crossed my arms, my smile falling instantly.

"What. The. Hell?" I said, watching Austin's face fall as well.

"What? I didn't do anything," he said.

"That's the point! You know, she's dressing all nice for you, a-hole. And you treat her like she's the same little girl who wore Hulk t-shirts with Cheetoh stains on them? No way," I hissed. He grabbed my shoulder violently, showing a new animosity.

"You're the one who told me I couldn't talk to her. Besides, she doesn't even care about me anymore. You know what happened with Keegan," he whispered. My God. I am going to f*cking scream. I hit him on the arm.

"That was to get a reaction out of you! And Keegan is a lying idiot!" 

"She still doesn't care about me," he mumbled. That's it.

"She loves you, asshole!" I shouted, watching his eyebrows go up and passing people stare at us strangely. For a minute, neither of us say anything.

"She does?" I roll my eyes at his small, unsure voice. 

"Obviously. Now do you like her?" I feel stupid, like I'm talking to a little kid.

He nods. " A lot. I might even, you know..."

I hit him again. "Then why don't you tell her?"

"I don't even deserve to confess, alright? Is that okay with you? I've fucked with her, made her cry, and I didn't even give her a second glance. She can get over me. And I can get over her," Austin says in a surprisingly authoritive tone. 

"I agree, and frankly, I don't like you at all. At all," he rolls his eyes, urging me to go on," But that isn't how Danny feels. And I love her more than I hate you. So if you don't tell her how much you really like her and make her believe it, I am going to shoot you. In the balls. Are we clear?"

Austin's face breaks into a smirk as he says coyly, "Does this mean I have your blessing?"

"In the balls, Pluss," I repeat.

He grins and scoops me up into a hug and kisses me on the cheek. I gag, squirming and wiping my cheek.

"Jesus!" I shout, pushing him off of me.

"I'll do it, but only because you begged," he says, and despite the snide comment, his eyes are smiling brightly, which makes me smile a bit.

"Whatever. Now go."

"Now? Really?" He asks, sarcastic.

I raise an eyebrow. "You are seconds away from being short a testicle."

He smiles and jogs off, and I can't help but stretch my mouth into a grin, too. I remember something so I begin pulling out my phone and texting Lyric:

You owe me five bucks.

************

Get it? Lyric and Cathy had a bet going on? Hee, hee... But also sigh, because this story is almost over. Y'all should comment. Please? If you read this, I really would like some comments. Each one means so much to me, and I won't lie and say I don't feel a bit disappointed when I don't get any. So please comment, vote, and fan. :')

*waves goodbye to Danika and Austin* Goodbye....I love you.

Danika: Wait, what? Who are you?

Austin: What the fuck?

Me: Watch the language, Pluss. I created you.

Austin: What?!

Cathy: Hah! You owe me another five bucks, Lyric.

Good times...