17 - Her Day (06/10)

"Zee.." Just when Zee was about to close the gate, Sungyeol called for her name again, so she looked at him. Who would expect what he said next? "What if you fall, and then I am here to catch you, would that be okay?"

"Oppa.." Zee is tounge-tied as she just looked at him through the half-open, half-closed gate.

"Can't we just sort out our feelings together? I mean.. I am not asking for a commitment. All I'm asking is a mutual understanding." Sungyeol paused to think of the right term. "They call that exclusively dating, I guess?"

No reaction from Zee.

"Oh.. It's okay if you don't want to." Sungyeol is slowly getting disappointed and hurt. "Maybe you have someone else in your life to begin with." He said, referring to Sungjae.

"Oppa, do you want to have coffee or tea inside?" That's all Zee could say as she doesn't know how to respond at Sungyeol's sudden proposal.

"Ehhh?" When Zee moved out of the way and opened the gate wider, Sungyeol's smile also got wider and some mysterious expression crept in his face which Zee, being oblivious, didn't see. "Of course I'd love to!"

"I'm home!" Shortly before she enter the main door to their house, it had been a habit for Zee to say that aloud. "Huh? Dad and Mom is not home yet?"

One of the maids shook her head and approached her, and another one came and technically dragged her to the entertainment room.

"Why? Why? Why?" She got even more curious when the lights in the entertainment room are turned off. "Sungyeol Oppa, are you there?"

No answer from Sungyeol.

"What's going on Ahjumma?" Zeisha tried to talk to the maid instead.

Before the maid could reply, heart-shaped lightsticks with the letter "Z" written on it turned on. The big screen also turned on and a sweet voice covered the silence in the whole entertainment room.

"Happy birthday to you.. Happy birthday to you.. Happy birthday, happy birthday.. Happy birthday to you! Hey Zee! Happy birthday!"

Zee's tears flowed like a spring just at the sight of her beloved cousin whom she had been worrying about lately.

"I can't see you from here because the room is too dark, but I could guess tears are welling from your eyes right now. You're such a crybaby." Cris is smiling while almost on the verge of crying too.

Zee's tears automatically stopped. "Mwoya? It's live?"

Chuckles and small laughters emanated in the room before everyone also sang the birthday song.

"Happy birthday baby." Zeisha's Mom and Dad greeted her when the light turned on. "Surprised?"

Zeisha nodded, eyes still wet from crying. "And here I thought no one remembered." She looked around, as if looking for something. "It's only you Mom and Dad? I thought I heard many guests a while ago."

"Are you expecting someone else?" -Zee's Dad

"Well.. Not really. But where did Sungyeol Oppa go? He was just behind me before I got dragged here." -Zee

"I'm also here though.." -Cris (on the screen)

"Oh! Crissy! How are you doing? You got me so worried. Why were you not responding to my messages? Not even picking up my calls too." -Zee

Cris showed an apologetic smile. She still has dark circles, but she is somehow trying to show a vibrant aura today. "I'm doing good. How's your heart Zee? Did it ever find it's other half while I'm away?"