24 - Jealous

ZEISHA's POV

Cris' eyes are all over me ever since we woke up with a heavy aching head this morning. We were not supposed to come to school but we have to attend the orientation for our upcoming on-the-job training. Besides, I have to talk to Sungyeol later.

"Problems are meant to be dealt with immediately. You have to face it head on for you to avoid the anxiety of thinking about it over and over again and then hurting yourself more in the process." Cris' words this morning echoed in my mind. She knows too well that I would rather sit in one corner and cry in silence than confront Sungyeol for his cheating.

"Hey sissies! What's up with you two? Are you sick? You look so down." Dijah stuffed fries into her mouth the moment she arrived in our usual spot in the canteen. "By the way, Sungyeol was looking for you this morning and he looked anxious. Is something wrong?"

"Nothing." I faked a giggle. "You know how he could be over reacting at times." I felt Cris nudge my arms after saying that but I just shook my head in return.

"Hello ladies! I can sit here right?" Here comes Bogum settling his food tray on Dijah's side and sitting across Cris.

"Hold on.. Did you have our permission? We haven't said yes yet, have we?" And Cris is on her guard again.

"Eyyy.. Just let him be. This table felt so empty since the others graduated and Jongie started his internship." -Dijah

"Thanks cousin! Saranghae.." Bogum gave her a finger heart which Dijah dodged by shoving it away.

"Please.. I've had enough of those when Woohyun Oppa is around. Just eat.." -Dijah

"So.. Zee, have you talked to.." Bogum almost made me choke at what he was about to say.

In a blink of an eye, Cris is already on his side covering his mouth. "Bogum-goon, why do you eat so messily huh? You should not talk while you eat. Just eat. Us ladies will do the talking."

Bogum gave the both of us a suspicious look which earned a glare from Cris and a head shake from me. Luckily, Dijah is busily stuffing her mouth that she almost didn't notice us.

"Bogumie, join us later. Tell Hyungsik Oppa too. Mom and Dad will prepare a little banquet for Sony and Hoya's return from their month long travel abroad." Dijah looked at us. "You two, wanna join us too?"

"No!" Cris and me said at the same time and I had to silently cross my fingers hoping it wouldn't sound suspicious.

Dijah stared at us for like a minute, her eyebrows almost formed a double inverted 'V'. "You two are acting weird today."

We almost got caught if not for Mark who arrived just on time, wearing his usual silly smile that shows off all of his teeth and his gums.

"Hey guys.. Can I join here too? GOT7's table feels so empty. The others have joined their girlfriends." He said while sticking his lips out, looking like a helpless kid.

"Sure! You can sit here." Cris tapped the seat beside her and gave Dijah a wink. "You mean you are still single?" And she stared at him like no one sees, and that only Mark exists in front of her.

"Yeah." Mark hesitated and looked uncomfortable. "But, will you please stop staring?"

"Right. Like hello! We are here.." -Bogum

"Why?" Cris is still into flirty mode. "Did I make your heart flutter?" She turned to her food and started eating. "Too bad, it's not yet the right time for me to fall in love.. Again.." And she finished it off with a giggle.

That cracked us all up, thankfully lightening up the atmosphere. But despite laughing on the outside, my heart still feels heavy. My cousin is doing her best though to distract me. I excused myself to use the comfort room when my phone vibrated.