13 - Her Crush

SUNGYEOL's POV

I stuffed food on my mouth one after the other. Food is life, so they say. It goes the same for me.

"Hyung, water?" A glass of water came within hand-reach, all thanks to my brother who has been looking at me ever since I took my seat here in the dining table.

My hand holding a spoonful of food was frozen in mid-air as I looked at him. "Thanks." Munch and munch. "And why don't you spill what you wanted to say?"

His smile brightened up. "You know me too well Hyung."

"Of course! And I know you are going to ask for extra allowance today. And I could tell you are up for a date too." I looked at his well-tucked three-fourth sleeved white polo and his brushed up hair. After scrutinizing how he looks, I gave him an approving smile, and finally the spoon found it's way to my mouth. "Good for you. Live, laugh and love while you can."

Daeyeol flinched and frowned while wiping something off from his face. "Hyungggg! Stop talking when your mouth is full! Aishhh! So gross."

I just gave him a poker face while still stuffing my mouth with whatever the spoon gets from my plate. I'm betting on the name of my exes, my brother still has something to say.

"But Hyung.." He started off in a soft voice. See? It's coming. "..can you drive me to the mall today? Please."

"Am I your driver?" -Me (poker faced, one eyebrow raised)

"Come on Hyung. You know you are my lucky charm." Daeyeol (puppy faced)

What he said came from the nose, but I gave in just the same. "Syazzi is already your girlfriend?"

He didn't answer and just smiled mysteriously instead. Great! I'm feeling old and lonely.

***

"Thank you Hyung! Saranghae!" Daeyeol formed a heart using his arms above his head after I dropped him off in front of the mall entrance.

"Eohhh.. Are you not going to give Hyung a kiss?" I teased him, which earned a disgusted look from him.

"Just go get a girlfriend Hyung! Eyyyyy..." He said before finally running off.

"Fine. Let's get one. Soon." I uttered to myself before going off my car. Might as well take sometime off here in the mall before going to Hoya's advance birthday bash at the Nam's. "Hmmm.. What should I get for him for his birthday?"

Aish! I really need a girlfriend. Talking to myself is not fun.

I scanned through the display racks in one of the stalls in the department store, thinking to buy Hoya a new coat.

"Looking for a new coat Sir?" The stall owner (well I just assumed because she doesn't look like a sales personnel to me) asked me while showing a bewitching smile that makes me want to buy all the items in her stall.

"Excuse me Miss, do you have a cream color of this coat? Or black would be better." A voice suddenly interrupted the moment. I can't see anyone near though. Wait, there's a ghost here?

A floating coat appeared in my eyes which almost caused me to scream. Luckily, the gasp that came out of my mouth isn't loud. Damn my imagination! Then a woman's face came out of one of the alleys.

"Sungyeol Oppa?"

"Zeisha.." Yeah it's her. I'm getting used to her popping in and out of the scene wherever I am. "You were there all along?"

She shot me a weird look. "Why? You were not thinking of a ghost were you?" Damn that glib in her tongue.

Flustered as I am, I backed off, pretending to be checking the coats displayed in the different side of the store.