Chapter Five

Mileena POV

Scorpion looked very skeptical about me. I wouldn't blame him either. I did attack him. "I am curious about something." He started while walking a little closer to me. "What is it?" I asked, curious of what he'll ask.

He stopped walking and stood in front of me with his arms crossed in the front of his chest. "I think you know that you were crazy." I glared at him but sighed and looked him in the eye. "Continue." "Now, you seem less elusive to talk to. I just wonder, what changed your state of mind?" Scorpion questioned. "I was never crazy, I just didn't know how to express my emotions because no emotions were expressed to me." I explained. Scorpion now looked perplexed.

"Anymore questions?" I asked him. "I still wonder. Even if you weren't crazy, you are calm now. Why is that?" He questioned curiously. I knew the answer to that question very well.

"I-someone changed me-." I paused and looked down at the floor. "Someone I care about." I continued with seriousness. I looked back at Hanzo. He still looked confused but didn't question anymore.

I continued to examine the random artifacts until I noticed something in the far back. I walked up to where it lies. I heard Scorpion's footsteps trail behind me.

It looked to be a picture, framed ontop of a pedestal covered with a red silk cloth. Before I could reach and get the picture, Scorpion stood in front of it before I could see it. I looked up at Scorpion in confusion.

"You are not allowed to see this because it is very private." He stated sternly while holding on to it. I was about to protest when I realized that I hold secrets too. I just let it go with a nod of my head.

Scorpion began to walk towards the direction of the way we entered. I sighed and then followed. I wondered what was on that frame of that he kept personal. We were soon out of the chamber and now he was taking me back to my 'room'.

I sure didn't want to go there. "Scorpion, wait-." He stopped in between his steps and turned around. He stared at me with cold eyes. I didn't know what I did. I shrugged it off.

I walked a little closer to him. "I admire your skill and how you teach your students here..." Scorpion eyed me suspiciously. "You are a master, so I want to be your trainee." I proposed. Scorpion was quiet for a moment. Probably deep in thought.

"No." He said flatly. "Oh come on. Why not?" I asked a little desperately. He folded his arms across his chest. "You don't need any training. You are already a skilled fighter." Did he just, compliment me? "And I still don't know if I can trust you. You could threaten Earthrealm." He explained sternly. It was true. But I wasn't thinking about doing that. I just wanted to learn the moves.

I sighed. It really wasn't any use to beg. Scorpion was as stubborn as a Outworld Oni. Those things wouldn't give up on eating Outworlders. Of course it was easy for me to kill those animals, but very unfortunate for those Outworlders that can't fight.

"Well. It was worth a shot. But is there a place in this extremely boring temple where I can do something?" I asked with interest. Scorpion glared at me. "There are many dojos here." I sighed. All I could really do is train. "Fine." I said with my hands on my hips. Scorpion didn't respond and continued walking.

I followed. I guessed that he was taking me to one of the dojos because he went pass the room I was sleeping in. I just walked with him silently.