Chapter Eight

From that day forward, it would sometimes be the same routine. I would wake up, eat, go to that dojo, train, eat, sleep. Occasionally, Scorpion would be there, so I go to another one. We barely talked to each other for these last few days. Until one day.

It was a hour after waking up. I actually did not feel like eating anything in the morning. I was on my way back to the regular, beautiful dojo that I always went to. However, midway in the hallway I was stopped by one of the Shirai Ryu. He was a young man with a good built with dark, curly hair and green eyes. "Hello." He greeted with a very warm smile. I was confused because no one should be around at this hour. Everyone should be in the largest dojo.

"Greetings." I spoke politely. "May I say that you are a very beautiful woman." My face started to warm up. I wasn't sure that he saw my teeth. I mean, who couldn't. "Th-thank you. You and I have very different standards of beautiful." I said honestly. He smiled at me. "You mean your peculiar teeth. Doesn't really phase me. It actually makes you beautiful and extraordinary." I blushed again. He sure have a way with words.

"What is your name?" I asked curious and intrigued. "Elliot." He answered. "Mileena." He cocked his head a little to the side and grinned. "Such a beautiful name." That earned a small smile from me. "So are you and Master Hasashi close?" Elliot asked. I thought about that for a moment. "It's...questionable." I spoke, not really sure myself.

"So you two don't have a thing?" A thing. I shook my head no. I had no idea what that was. "That's good." He stated. I didn't understand why that would be good. "I saw you around a couple of times and I wanted to get to know you better." I didn't really know about this guy. Something doesn't feel right. "Well now you know a little about me, so I'll be on my way." I wanted this conversation to be over with. I continued to walk back towards my dwelling.

"No, wait!" He exclaimed and grabbed my arm. Normally anyone who touched me and wasn't close to me would have had their head ripped off at this very moment, but I couldn't do that under the consequences of Scorpion probably killing me. I have got better but I had to admit that Scorpion could win a fight against me.

"What is it?" I snapped. "I just wanted to know if would could...hang out." I stared at him up and down. "Not interested." I said firmly. "But-uh, hello Master." His eyes shifted to beside me. I was confused at first until I looked behind me. Scorpion was standing there with a glare and his arms crossed. I wasn't phased but the boy sure was.

"What are you doing out here?!" Scorpion demanded. Elliot looked at me as if I could help him. He is a good boy so why not. "I asked his help for something." I lied. Scorpion narrowed his eyes at me. "Didn't I tell you not to interfere with anyone here!" I rolled my eyes. Here comes the scolding.

"With all due respect Master, she didn't really do anything wrong." Elliot defended. So he was a little brave. Scorpion scowled at him. I placed my hand against Elliot's chest. "It doesn't matter, Elliot. I'll be fine. Go back to the dojo and train, like the rest of the clan." He did what I said before Scorpion could respond. "You do not order my clan around Mileena!" He yelled at me. I folded my arms in front of my chest and stepped closer. "What are you going to do about it?" I challenge while I added a bit of seduction in my voice.

He walked up closer to me in a threatening way. "Remember that this clan is mine and I can kick you out. Back into the wild. Or better yet, turn you in to Edenia." He threatened while death glaring me. I growled at him and glared back at him. I knew what would happen to me if he turned me in to Edenia. I would be tortured endlessly, daily until they turn me in to the dungeon, where I would rot to death. Especially since Kitana rules there.

There was a long, dangerous silence between us.

"Is it me or you are more grumpy today?" I asked. He scowled at me. "No it's just the fact that you are always pestering me!" He must have woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

But as far as I knew, I didn't pester him at all here. "What's wrong with you?" I asked, very curious. I looked him dead in the eye and I could have sworn that his face turned a light pink. A blush. And it was the cutest thing I've ever seen!

"Aw is the Master of the Shirai Ryu blushing." I teased him. He turned his face around from view. "No." He said flatly. I giggled and tried to look at his face. But every time I did he would turn away. I eventually gave up.

"Hey, Scorpion." I called out. He finally turned around to face me. With a usual glare. Maybe because I called him Scorpion. "Elliot asked me if we had a thing. I'm just wondering, what is this thing he was talking about?" Maybe he know. I saw his face turn bitter. "He was talking about feelings towards each other." He answered after a long moment of silence.

I scanned Scorpion's face and walked up closer to him. "So do we have a thing for each other?" I flirted while rubbing my hands up his bulging biceps. He looked surprised for a moment but then removed my hands away. Before I knew it, he walked off without an answer.

That got me thinking. Do we have a thing?