Chapter Four

Hanzo's POV

Shao Kahn is dead. I found out Quan Chi was the one who killed my family and clan. With the help of Sub-Zero, I killed Quan Chi and became more calm.

I conquered my demon, Scorpion. After all those years of killing start to get into my head, I wanted to die. I wanted to commit hara kiri, but Raiden prevented me from doing so. He said he saw potential in me. I denied it, but he stuck to what he was saying.

He granted me my Shirai Ryu back & a way to start my life back over. Ever since then, I trained my clan and lead them. Hoping that we will continue to live again. With a new legacy.

Everything have been the same thing since then. I became devoted to the Shirai Ryu clan. Teaching my clan evetything I know.

Then, she had to just walk back into my life. Mileena.

I've met her before, when I was serving Shao Kahn.

~Flashback~

I was training myself in one of Shao Kahn's training grounds. But I knew that someone was watching me from afar.

I turned around to find Shao Kahn's crazed daughter. She was inching closer to me. Walking in disgustingly revealing magenta clothes. I grunted at her. I wanted to be alone.

"Scorpy." I clinched my fist at the unwanted nickname. "What do you want?" She stopped a few centres away from me. She started to laugh. I was so close to grabbing my sword and killing her. But, that would upset Shao Kahn.

Not that I am afraid of that monster. I just didn't want another obstacle in front of my plan of killing Sub-Zero at the time.

I glared at her short stature. I would admit, she has a good figure. Hourglass in fact. She was also very attractive. Any man can fall for her. But, I honored my wife. I stood my ground.

"What do want, daughter of Shao Kahn?" I demanded. "So hostile might you be." She spoke in a seductive tone. I growled at her. She giggled and dared to put a hand on my shoulder. Not even a split second that I pinned her arm behind her back with my sword barely scratching her throat.

She seemed surprised, but still thought it was a joke. "I like this position, Scorpy." The crazed one spoke. I pushed her away from me and teleported away from there. Anywhere away from her.

End of Flashback 

She never gave up on playing mind games with me. And each day that I was there, I would get angrier. To the point where I...started to get protective over her.

For some random reason, I wanted to protect her even though she had no need of protection. She is incredibly strong. I guess I wanted to protect her from all the lingering eyes that stayed latched on her body when she walked.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I realized that Mileena wasn't saying anything. I turned around. Usually, she would pester me with paltry questions. Now, she just stared at her shoes silently.

Her mind did seem to grow up more. Now, she wasn't as crazy and wanted to kill or eat the first person she sees. I guess she did grow up mentally.

I studied her expressions for a quick second. She looked frustrated, maybe even sad. I recognized that look of grief. Figures, since her father did die.

We reached our first destination which was the main dojo. It's where I train all of trainees and where the battles are held.

I looked back at Mileena to see that she was looking around. Mostly at the battles that was taking place. "This is one of the main dojos." I continued to look at her as she nodded her head.

"To prevent distractions, I advise you not to come in here during training or if I didn't tell you to go here." I saw her roll her dragon-like, yellow eyes. "Noted, fire-demon." She mumbled quite loudly.

"I also advise you to call me Master Hasashi or Hanzo. No more talk about the spectre I once was." Now she looked at me with curiosity. I knew what she was about to ask. I motioned her to follow me as I began to walk to another room in the temple.

"You see Mileena, Scorpion was my demon. After I killed the true murderer of my family and clan, Quan Chi, I became more at peace." I turned to look at her. She looked to be interested in what I was about to tell her. I continued to walk.

"The anger that burned inside of me, calmed. Scorpion was corrected and put back in his place. My facial features returned back to normal, the way it was before I died. Now, I only summon him when I need him. But I still possess hellfire. The more I use it, the closer Scorpion is unleashed." I explained.

"Quan Chi was always so vile and untrustworthy. I knew he was plotting against Outworld. I'm glad you killed him." Mileena responded venomously.  I nodded my head.

I halt to a stop when we arrived to the room. It was highly forbidden from anyone but me. But for some reason, I felt like showing Mileena.

The strong metal door opened at the appearance of myself. It was a dimly lit room that held all my greatest possessions.

The floors were hard wood and the room was painted a dark red. The displays were lit enough to see them clearly. She looked at the different things I had.

I watched her closely. I didn't want her to do anything funny. Like I said, this room was very private. I continued to study her. I wanted to know what changed her.

"Mileena." I started. She turned around to look at me. "Yes."