Chapter Sixteen

Scorpion looked at me with such weariness.

"I loved that child so much that it would kill me if anything happened to it. But, I knew that Victor would come back for it. I didn't want my only child to live a bad life so I took it to the only safe place I could think of--Earthrealm." My heart grew heavy over remembering such an act that I regretted.

I wiped away my tears and looked at Scorpion again. He had an unreadable expression on his face.

"It was during the time my father was near losing. He put so much pressure on me after my sister left to join the Earthrealmers." I shook my head slowly, trying to collect my thoughts.

"I tried to mask out the difficulties I was going through. But--then you stopped coming to my father's palace. I truly had no one else." I revealed, shifting my eyes away from him.

"I became an empty shell. I couldn't feel anything but pain and regret. I even regretted letting you save me that night-." "Mileena, don't say things like that." He said in the same tone he did that night.

He looked at me with the now similar intense stare. I took in a deep breath and let it out slowly to ease myself. I knew that I was a mess.

"I was all alone after my father died. Everyone was killing the other and barely anyone on my father side survived. Kitana got back her kingdom and started to search for me so she could either kill or torture me. I ran to the nearest portal I could find and I ended up here. I stayed in a forest for almost a week, and then you found me."

He looked deep in thought, then he got up and walked over to where I was. He sat beside me and turned to look at me. I was confused for a second. "Mileena. I'm so sorry for what I did to you. I shouldn't have left you alone with all the burden on your shoulders." He apologized, looking shameful of himself.

I was surprised and didn't know what to say. Scorpion never been this nice, or maybe I don't know the real him. But I knew he shouldn't apologize. The secrets I held back from him are horrible. He would hate me if he found out. I will just tell him later.

Suddenly, I felt a warm arm wrap around my waist. That's when I noticed that Scorpion was pulling me in an embrace.

My face started to heat up and I turned back around to look at him. Our faces were only a few inches apart. My breathing and heartbeat became irregular.

His caramel-colored eyes stared into mine with a dark tent in them. I hesitantly put my hand on his face, afraid that he would pull me away. He didn't. I stared at his pink lips with a sudden hunger growing inside me.

We both pulled in slowly, connecting our lips once again. I needed him more than anything right now. We continued to kiss passionately, devouring each other's taste with a growing hunger.

He started to kiss harder and deeper, symbolizing that he felt the same way.  It went on for a long time and was about to get more heated, but there was a sudden knock on the door.

I ignored it and Scorpion did too. The knocking continued endlessly. I pulled away, annoyed and stared at the door. Scorpion stared at the door with the same annoyance I felt.

I pulled up my shoulder strap and tried straightening myself up so it would look like we weren't doing anything.

I still felt flustered. "Who's there?" He asked flatly. He turned to me. There were still lust in his eyes and I'm pretty sure mine showed it too.

"Master Hasashi, it's me, Ayana." I rolled my eyes. Not this again.

I looked at Hanzo. I shook my head. He caught the hint. "Sorry I'm very busy." He said in a husky voice that was so sexy to me.

"But I got something for you." She pleaded in a sensual tone. I raised my eyebrows in curiosity at Hanzo. He looked just as confused. That's when I had an idea.

Scorpion POV
What could she possibly have for me? I got up and walked to the shoji. I opened it to reveal Ayana in something I don't approve of. I looked her up and down in disgust.

She was dressed in something Mileena would wear, but didn't pull it off as well. "What are you wearing?" I asked in utter disgust.

"It's for you." She flirted. Then she burst in my room. However, she froze as soon as she stepped in. I was confused until I turned around.

My mouth dropped down to the ground. She did not just do that. I was instantly turned on, but at the wrong time.

Only a blanket covered her bare chest. 

"Oh, Ayana! Pleasant surprise, but as Hanzo said, he's a 'little' busy." She said slyly, circling her sharp nails on the hard wood floor. I couldn't stop staring at her. She gave me a look that said, later.

I nodded my head slowly. I turned to look at Ayana. She looked like a time bomb ready to go off. Sure what Mileena did was inappropriate, doesn't mean it wasn't pleasant to the eyes, but still uncalled for.

The thing was to make it seem like we weren't doing anything, but she did the exact opposite.

Mileena pulled the sheets all the way on her body.

"M-master Hasashi. I thought there was a no romance policy." Ayana grumbled with her fist clenched. I sighed. That was very true and here I am, violating the rules of my own.

I glanced back at Mileena and completely forgot everything about the rules. She looked too good to pass up. I knew I needed to change that rule a little bit.

Besides, Mileena and I haven't done anything that was put into a romantic way. Besides kissing her. Twice. And most definitely would happen again. Damn my subconscious mind.

I looked at Ayana herself. She accused me of a romantic policy, but what exactly were her intentions when she burst into my own room. I glared at her and folded my arms.

"I will consider modifying that rule. But I'm curious on what you planned on doing if Mileena wasn't here." I say in my most intimidating tone of voice.

Ayana looked down at her hands. Fidgeting with them without answering my question. "Go back to your quarters immediately." I ordered without an response. She nodded her head and walked out obediently.

I sighed again and turned around to Mileena. She smiled at me sensually. "Sorry Mileena. Not yet." I reassured. Her smile dropped but she nodded her head.

This would have been my only chance of release, but I decided I wouldn't do that right now.

I had a meeting with my telepathic friend the next day.