step 1: ingredients

i invited you to the diner across the street because i saw how much you were working lately. i wanted you to take a load off so i asked if you wanted a milkshake.

you chuckled and gave a light-hearted smile. "sure, i'd love to." and you wrapped an arm around my shoulder. 

remember when we used to go there every day in the summer when we were young? we were always out at the park, playing basketball and climbing trees. we'd always play until we were sweating buckets. then we would go into the restaurant for their air conditioning. 

who knew that the waitress threatening us to buy something would lead to our milkshake tradition? 

we sat at the booth, sitting in front of each other and just smiled. we took in each other's faces and features, not exchanging a single word. 

i swore there was a moment when i saw your eyes glimmer. i've always liked you for your smile though. 

whether it be rain or sky, your smile would make my day a hundred times brighter and better. 

you propped your hand under your chin and continued to stare at me. i could feel my face getting redder by the second. 

min yoongi, why do you make me feel this way?

when the waitress came by to take our orders, we called for our old childhood favorites: chocolate milkshakes.

the service is getting faster and faster, we got our milkshakes in less than two minutes.

 or maybe i'm just taken by the way your hair falls slightly above your eyes.

maybe i'm just too captivated by the way your nose scrunched up when you try to be cute.

actually, i was just really excited to drink my milkshake because right when the waitress placed the glass on the table, i tore the wrapper of my straw and started drinking the frozen beverage. 

i was about half done when i decided to look up to meet your eyes. "you're adorable, jimin." my stomach bubbled and i knew for sure that it wasn't the milkshake currently making it's way down.

and there was that glimmer again. something about you, min yoongi. something about you intrigues me. it's like having a brain freeze that you can't get rid of.