Chapter 27

"Stop that!" My voice trembled as I cried.

"Don't you miss me?" His blue eyes almost hypnotized me. I had to turn away.

"Yes," I whispered.

"Baby, I can't hear you." He placed his hand on my cheek and I cried louder.

"I said, yes!"

"No need to shout at me. Now, come here."

"No, Ed, please!" I shook my head, violently. I didn't want him to do this.

"Shh, I said come here." His other hand grabbed my wrist and pulled my body closer to his. I cluosed my eyes as I continued to cry.

"Ed, not like this! Please!"

"Be quiet." He orders, then began to kiss my neck.

I couldn't do this!

My legs kicked the air and I quickly sat up, opening my eyes and seeing absolutely no one.

Wait, so it was a dream..

It wasn't real..

Thank God.

Wait! So that meant Ed wasn't back, yet.

Fuck!

I sighed as I looked around, thinking of him and my terrible dream.

He was so perfect, but why was he in my awful dream? They can't just go together like that!"

God, his eyes. His hands. His perfect lips.

I closed my eyes and tried to remember what they tasted like.

I wanted to cry.

I couldn't remember.

I shook my head. "My life is so sad," I whispered, trying to laugh, but not for long. That laughter slowly turned into tears.

Awful, painful, hot tears slid down my cheeks.

Dammit Ed, why do you do this to me???

I cried there, awkwardly sittingon in my own loneliness, just like how it's always been.

Wow, I'm such a fool. So... empty without Ed here to cuddle me.

I sighed, turning my head towards the opening of my tent. It looked fresh and cool outside because of the light shower going on in the dark. My heart skipped a beat as my eyes were glued to the beautiful sight of the rain outside.

*FLASHBACK TO THIRTEEN YEARS AGO*

"Mommy? Mommy, what are you doing?! It's raining and you're not wearing your coat!" I ran carefully down the stairs, shouting. I ran to her side and was about to grab her arm, but before I did, I saw she looked relaxed.

"Mommy?" I asked, confused.

Her eyes were closed and she was smiling so big, lying comfortably in her chair. I stared at her and it was like she knew I was standing there.

Her eyes opened and she whispered, "Charlie, sit down."

I shook my head. "But the seat's wet! I'll get sick!"

It was her turn to shake her head. "Nonsense. Now, sit next to Mommy."

*END OF FLASHBACK*