Chapter 33

"Charlie??!" I hear a loud shriek from outside. I slowly get up from Pass's side and crawl out of his tent to see what's going on.

Harry suddenly appears and he looks furious. His eyes immediately met mine and my smile disappeared. He walked up to me and said through his teeth, "It's your turn to babysit him. I'm tired of his shit!" He spits onto my face, and when he walks away, I quickly wipe my cheeks.

I appear back into Pass's tent and whisper, "Hey Pass, I'm going to check on Example. I won't be too long, but if you need anything, just call out my name." He slowly nods, and with that, I'm off to Example.

The moment I open the flap, I could tell why Harry was upset, but he could have at least respected that I was busy taking care of Pass.

As I step closer to Example, I began to smell the most awful scent ever. BUT I don't complain. I grab the closest pillow and calmly take off the pillowcase. I lay the pillow back down and as soon as I heard Example gag, I hand him the pillowcase. "Throw it up in here." I tell him, and he quickly grabs it, coughing out the awful, yellow mess. I look away, completely disgusted, but also understanding.

I distract myself and look at his shoes, but then I realized that he had thrown up on his clothes from yesterday. I grab them and look over at the poor, sick Example.

"I'm going to throw these out." I tell him, stepping outside. I look around, wondering where I could throw the clothes. A few feet away, I spot a hole by a tree and decide to stuff the smelly clothes there.

I dust my hands off and turn around, walking back to Pass's tent, but before I'm able to reach it, Harry rudely steps in front of me.

"Did you take care of it?" He asks, crossing his arms over his chest.

I roll my eyes and walk past him.

"Hello? I'm talking to you!" He shouts.

"Yeah, I know. Hello? I'm walking away from you." I smirk, but not for long, since he grabs onto my wrist.

"I asked you, if. You. Took. Care of it?"

I look at him, noticing his eyes, demanding answers. I nervously start to tremble.

"Harry," I tried to pull my hand away but he tightened his grip and I cried out. "Please, you're hurting me!"

He sighs and let's go of me, turning away. Then he walks to the log that we were sitting on earlier.

I look down at my wrist, seeing that it was a bit red. I look back to Harry and watch him play with the dirt, just like how he was earlier.

I swallow hard, walking up to him and taking a seat on the grass.

He sighs loudly and pokes holes into the ground. I watch his fingers and wonder what's wrong with him.

"When are they coming back?" He suddenly mumbles. I stare at him in disbelief.

"They literally just left. 30 minutes ago." I answer, shaking my head. Stu was right, he is acting like a weenie.

"So?" He looks at me, angrily. "What makes them think I want to play Doctor?"

"We aren't playing Doctor, Harry." I look back down at his fingers, until a beautiful, dark green leaf catches my attention. I instantly grab it and put it in my pocket.

"Whatever! I don't wanna be a caregiver! I just want to live and get wasted and make mistakes. I don't care about anything. I want to do something I'll surely regret!" Harry shouts as if this was all my fault.

I look at him, now angry, too. "First of all, a caregiver? Really? We're not taking care of strangers! Pass and Example are our friends."

"Oh, really?" He cuts me off. "Since when were they your friends?"

My heart drops and I swallow hard. "Since I've been here, asshole."

"What? You think Pass is your friend because he tried to help you escape? Yeah, keep dreaming. You'll never mean anything to us." Harry smirks and I could feel the goosebumps run across my arms.

"Okay. What the hell has gotten into you??" I stand up, crossing my arms over my chest, frowning. "You never talk like this."

"Soon, we'll get rid of you, too." Harry laughs evily.

My eyes widen.

"What?" I ask, heartbroken.

"Just like Patrick. You'll get kicked out and die without knowing our skills."

"Patrick's dead??" I cry out, covering my mouth with my hand.

Harry continues to smirk. His devilish eyes find mine, and he whispers. "No one told you?"

I cry harder and run to mine and Ed's tent. I hug my pillow and cry, scream, and curse into it.

FLASHBACK

"Are you calling me dumb, too?" Patrick asks, and when I look at him, I see that he's grinning.

I playfully roll my eyes. "Maybe. You know what? Actually, I won't. Okay?"

Then everyone else groans, and they all begin shouting at once. I was incredibly surprised that I understood them all.

"WHA?? NO FAIR! SO HE'S NOT DUMB?? JUST US??"

"I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS?? WHAT DID I DO? HOW AM I A DUMMY??"

"FUCKING BITCH, I KNEW IT! YOU ARE GOING TO TAKE OFF WITH THIS MAN, AREN'T YOU??"

"JUST 'COS HE'S CUTE?? THAT'S WHY HE'S NOT DUMB?? BUT HE'S MINE!! YOU CAN'T KEEP HIMM!!"

"NOT COOL! YOU ARE LIKE ALICE! wE'RE ALL FUCKED, GUyYS!!"

"Hey hey hey hey!! Gentlemen, please!!" Patrick waves his arms around to get everyone's attention, and after they all shut up, he puts his arms down and continues to talk. "It's not her fault that you all aren't attractive!"

I laugh loudly and soon, everyone else joins in, too.

END OF FLASHBACK

I smile, remembering Patrick's adorable smile. I shake my head and wipe my eyes.

My dearest Patrick, you will be missed.

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

This chapter is dedicated to h01052007

I love you