Chapter 16

**Raf**

"Dad!" I scream tears coming down my face. I try to pull myself together, to stop the tears but the only thing I can think of is that I might be the reason the love of my life dies. "Do something! Please, you have to save her!" I yell, looking at him now. He sees the pain behind my eyes. "I can't, you know I can't." He says hiding his own pain. "You did it to save your lover, now save mine." I say to him and for a few seconds he just stares at me.

"You do understand that she would lose all her angelic abilities that make her happy. Her disappearing and appearing somewhere else? Her right gold eyes? Do you really want to be the reason she loses that?" He asks me and I walk over to him, staring up at him. "It's better then be the reason for her death, I'd rather her hate me for the rest of her life then be dead because of me." I say flatly then he lifts up his hand and begins doing the same thing he did for his lover.

And at last, I look at her body for the last time. I would rather her hate me for the rest of her life then be the reason she is dead even if it kills me in the process.

**Magnus**

The look in his eyes was unexplainable. There was so much pain, hate, anger, fear, and love. He loved Summer the same way I did with Alexander. If I was to safe his life and not my son's lovers life, what kind of example would I be showing him? Summer would be losing herself at the cost to save her life. When I was finished with the spell I sat down next to her and tried to read the book I had. A few hours later of failing of trying to be able to read a book, I look up at Summer with a sigh. A few seconds later I look down at the book.

When I try to start reading the book again, I almost jump out of my seat when Summer sits up gasping for air.
"What happe.... Wait..." She puts a hand to get head as if she was dizzy and looks at the bedside where I had put the cup of blood in which she would drink. "Oh no, Magnus! Please tell me you didn't." She says to me and by the look on my face you can tell it's all for real.

I repeat back to her what my son had keep saying to me, the thoughts that keep repeating to me. "I'd rather her hate me for the rest of her life then be dead because of me." She stares at me then looks away and at the bottle. "Wait, let me see your eyes." I say now seeing the difference in her eyes. She looks back at me and I stand up. Her eyes have always been a dark brown. "Holy hell, excuse my language." I say to her and she puts a hand up to the side of her head.

"What? Is there something wrong?" She asks me and a million thoughts run through my head. "Your eyes are the bright golden color." I tell her and she jumps up out of the bed going over to a mirror to look.

*VOTE
*COMMENT
*FOLLOW
*SHARE