Flashback dream

Sabine P.O.V
For  the months that followed after my return, I was relearning my royal ways. I loved it, but hated it. I even let my hair grow out and painted the tips light purple. After a long day, I went straight to my room and threw myself on the bed. I needed rest. I forgot how stressing and tiring these lessons were. I went to get a change of clothes, but found something in my closet.

Dear sis,
I remembered how much you loved to think about flying. So I went out to get you these pretend alien wings just like when you were young. Thought you might like them. ~Your brother

Wings? I haven't wore wings like these in a long time. I loved to pretend I could fly with them, since I wasn't allowed to have a jet pack yet. I loved it so much that once, Tristan did something stupid on my birthday.

~Flashback~

It was my birthday. Tristan had gotten me some play wings and glued them to a remote control jet pack.

Sabine: What are doing?

Tristan: I have a gift. Do you want to fly?

Sabine: Yes.

Tristan gave me the jet pack and activate it once I put it on. I was flying across the thrown room. I was so happy. Our parents caught us after a while. They also made me fly. Until the empire came in and ruined the fun.

~End of flashback~

Honestly, I still love flying with my jet pack. I'm just scared the empire may come back to ruin it again. Would it be bad if I try them on? Then, I remembered. Maybe I can fly, with a jet pack. I have been learning more about paint chemicals. Maybe, I can make these fake wings and make a permanent design of them on my jet pack. I have to try. Flying means freedom. Then again, here on my planet, I'm not normal.

~Hours later~

I got to work on the paint solutions that could help me. I started mixing the colors, since I know the paint based on color, not name.

Sabine: Add red, little blue, now a mix of green and yellow. Lastly, light blue, the color of the sky.

I was almost done when my brother came.

Tristan: What are you doing?

Sabine: Nothing, just doing an experiment. By the way, thanks.

Tristan: For what?

Sabine: The wings. Didn't think you would remember after many years.

Tristan: I still remember. The empire ruined your birthday. It was the day we lost you.

Sabine: Yeah. I came back and no one wanted me anymore. I'm here, yet I'm still an outcast.

Tristan: No one thinks that.

Sabine: It's alright if you agree with them brother. I knew this would happen, and I still left. It was my choice and I'll deal with the consequences.

Tristan: Sabine...

Sabine: Just go Tristan. I don't want to talk about it.

My brother left and I got back to work. When I finished, I put the finishing touches of the wings on the jet pack. I put it on, and went up in the air and I couldn't believe it.

Sabine: Wow. I can't believe it. I'm flying. I'm actually happy while flying.

I was happy and now had a plan.