It would be nice if you were there for me for once

"I can't mark." Amy said letting go of his hand.

"Why not?" Mark asked slowly closing the box.

"We are both so young. There is so much more I want to do before I settle down. And I know you do too. Have fun, go on tours, see the world. Don't let me hold you back from living your life." Amy said, her voice breaking.

"But what about jack and Ethan? They are both married and are happy." Mark said a year escaping his eye.

"You aren't Jack nor Ethan. Ethan is the kind of person who is happy wherever. He wanted to be married since he was a kid. And jack, jack is the kind of person who needs to be surrounded by people he loves. He would tour the world no matter if he was married, single, widowed." Amy said wiping her eyes.

"Then who am I?" Mark asked still on one knee.

"You are the kind of person who needs to be free. You have so many great fans who would die to see you. You always talked about going on tour. Do it! Go around America with you friends and do everything you have always wanted to do." Amy said.

"What about you? I want you to be there too." Mark said.

"Of course you do. But it's your dream. Not mine." Amy said and got into her car. Next thing Mark knew, she was gone.

One month later

"Um Sean, why was this in the garbage?" Sam asked walking into his office.

"Hey how did you get in?" Sean asked taking off his headphones.

"I'm your wife I have my ways. Now again why was this in the garbage?" She asked walking up to his chair.

"What is it?" Sean asked pausing his game.

"It's a form for your trip to pax east." Sam said handing Sean the paper.

"I'm just not feeling it this year." Sean sighed.

"Sean you have been talking about this trip for months!" Sam laughed.

"I don't know." Sean sighed.

"Sean what's up? You haven't been really
Speaking to me like you used to." Sam asked.

"I don't know. I just feel like I'm in a slump." Sean sighed.

"So you aren't happy?" Sam asked.

"I didn't say that-"

"No be honest. I won't be mad. I just want you to start telling me the truth." Sam said.

"I just feel like sometimes I settled down too early in life. It's not that I don't enjoy it but I feel like there is so much I can't do. It's the same routine everyday. I'm only what, 27. We have been married for some time now and I was happy honestly, but I just feel trapped." Sean sighed.

"I see. What can I do to make it better?" Sam asked.

"Don't blame yourself. I was the one who proposed." Sean sighed.

"Go to pax, stay in America for a while. Find yourself. See what life you want." Sam said.

"But I can't just leave you with three kids." Sean said.

"Go, take off your ring. Leave it here. Once you are in America you are a free, single man who can do whatever he wants." Sam said.

"Sam this isn't what I want." Sean said.

"Ring, hand it over." Sam ordered.

Sean looked at his wedding ring. He slowly took it off and handed it to Sam.