34•

¥¥¥
Spencer

¥¥¥Kacey's POV

¥¥¥
Kacey's POV

The movie ends and we all exit the theater room. "Goodness that was the best movie ever!" I groan while eating popcorn.

Sara laughs. "Haven't you said that about it everytime you watched it?" She takes the box from my hands and starts eating.

"Yep! And I'll continue saying it." I snatch it back from her tiny ass and tell her to get her own bag.

"Kacey, can I talk you?" Tyler asks.

"Yeah," he pulls me to the side. "What's up?"

"James and I have meetings tomorrow. You all will have to stay in the building. There will be guards outside the house in case someone unidentified tries to come in."

The rogue talk makes me a bit nervous. Especially when I know two people who turned to the rogue life.

"Is there a strong chance of that happening?"

"Yes there is."

"Well damn, way to be blunt."

"But you guys will be safe. Don't worry."

"I trust him. Everything will turn up fine."

"Okay." I clear my throat. "Will you walk me back to my room?"

"I was already going to." He smiles and up the staircase we go.

I specifically feel two sets of eyes staring at us as we walk.

The way back up there was silent. But it was a comfortable silence.

"I'll be back tomorrow night. Probably around 10. Please be safe."

"I will, thank you." He smirks at me and steps closer.

"I'll see you tomorrow night Kacey." His lips suddenly make contact with mine. The kiss feels great but there are no sparks.

He pulls away.

I bite my lip with a smile. "Goodnight Tyler." He flashes a grin and walks out of the door.

I shut the door and slide down on it, utterly confused.

Your first kiss with your mate is supposed to be magical, something to remember for the rest of your life. I hardly remember it now.

Suddenly the door opens and I'm pushed to the side with it.

Spencer's head pops in. "What the hell are you doing?"

I tilt my head back against the door and groan. "Stressing."

He walks in and closes the door before bending down to me.

"You good?"

"Are you tired?" I need to talk to someone about this.

"Nope." He notices that I look a little uneasy. "Need your therapist?"

I nod sheepishly.

"Hold on. Let me go get him." He goes in the closet then comes out with glasses. "Hello Kacey. How are you tonight?" He holds out his hand and helps me off the floor as I giggle.

"I'm doing fine, Mr. Stevens. How are you?"

"I'm great. What would you like to talk about?"

"You may want to get comfortable." He sits in a bean bag and pulls one out for me to sit in too.

"What's on your mind kiddo?"

"Well... when I first met Tyler, I felt like we were really going to last in each other's lives somehow. But a part of me kept saying not to accept him just yet. Then we were doing fine... until..."

"Until..." He urges me to continue.

"Until I started feeling like we were faking it."

"What do you mean?"

"My feelings for him started to decrease. My wolf felt it too. I don't know if Tyler feels the same way or if I'm just not into it. But since we're mates, doesn't that mean we have to be into it?"

He hums as he takes his glasses off, resting them on his chin. "I suggest you talk to Tyler. If you and your wolf are feeling this way, then chances are he and his wolf are as well."

I think about it for a while and it does make sense. This whole mate thing is a two way street and if one of us isn't feeling it, then the other may not be as well. "You're right! Thanks Stevens." I smile and shake his hand, keeping the professionalism alive.

"Anything for my favorite client." He then tosses the glasses on my bed. "Tomorrow why don't we have a Kacey and Spencer day?"

My eyebrows curl. "What would we do?"

"We could cook breakfast for everyone then go exploring around the house."

I think about it for a moment before nodding. "I'm into it."

He pulls me in for a hug. I immediately feel a shock and I think he does, too, because he pulls away fast. "I'm, uh, gonna go downstairs."

I give him an awkward smile and nod.

This whole thing is happening much too fast.