Eight

Rachel's POV
I finally get to leave the hospital today. It's been five days. Five days in this uncomfortable bed. Mom and Alex visited everyday but today they had a game so Lauren and Amy were signing me out. Lauren and I are just waiting for Amy to pull up now.

"What's the plan for today?"
"Well first we're going back to the hotel. We have all your stuff in our room so you can get changed. Then we're going to meet the girls at the stadium and we'll watch the game."
"Okay."

Amy pulled up and I crutched over. I opened the door and got into the back. I buckled myself in and closed the door. The car started moving and Lauren and Amy began talking. I pulled out my phone and saw I had messages from mom and Alex.

From Mom🙈;
Sorry I wasn't there to sign you out but now that you're out we should do something tonight together. You can decide what to do and we'll do it. I love you.

To Mom🙈;
Can we just lay in bed and stare at ceiling?

From Mom🙈;
Uhm, sure. Whatever you want you weird child

To Mom🙈;
I'm your weird child.

From Mom🙈;
Touché kid, touché.

I chuckled quietly and shook my head. I went into Alex's messages and smiled.

From Alllexxx😘;
So there's this really nice café down the street from the hotel that Kelley brought me too. Do you want to come with me tomorrow?

To Alllexxx😘;
Sure but if it's early then you're gonna have to stay in the room with me tonight to wake me up.

From Alllexxx😘;
Deal. See you at the game. I love you kid.

Is it time? Can I call her my mum? Am I ready? I looked out the window and fiddled with my phone. The city zoomed past me. We made it to the hotel and they led me up to their room. I saw my bag on the bed and I crutched over to it. I saw and box and an envelope on it. I looked at Amy and Lauren and they smiled. I sat on the bed and put the box on my lap. I opened the envelope and smiled.

Dear Rachel,
You're family now so you need a jersey. Have fun at the game. Hope you like it.

Lots of love,
The gals.

I smiled and put the note to the side. I opened the box and smiled. I picked the jersey up. It was their new red one. I smiled at all the girls signatures all over it. I turned it around and gasped. Morgan-Press was on the back. I ran my hand over it and smiled.

"They didn't know what number you wanted so they left it. They said you could get it done once you know what number you want."
"Do you like it?"
"I love it."

I looked at them and smiled. I stood up. I jumped over to the mirror and looked at it. Lauren went into the bathroom to change and then Amy did. I went in after them and put on my jersey. I had a bit of a struggle putting on my pants so I called for Amy.

"Amy?"
"Yeah?"
"I need a bit of help. Can you help me?"
"Of course."

I didn't lock the door so she just walked straight in. She chuckled at me when she saw me on the ground. She knelt down next to me and helped me pull the the leg of the pants up. You'd think for wearing baggy pants they'd be easy to put on but nope.