Ten

Rachel's POV
I don't remember much from before I fell asleep. I don't even know how I got into my room. I could feel a weight against me but I didn't want to move just in case. I turned my head a little to see Alyssa sound asleep next to me with her arm around my abdomen hugging me close. I couldn't help but smile and snuggle closer into her.

"Good evening."
"Evening Lys."

She scooted closer into me and kissed my forehead. I heard laughter coming from outside and down the hall. I didn't want to move from where I was. I was comfy and I'm pretty sure Lys was too.

"Do we have to go out and be social?"
"I guess not. We can go back to sleep and if they need anything, they'll wake us up."

I hummed in response. Lys tightened her grip around me and we both fell asleep straight away only to be jumped on by Kelley a few minutes later. I screamed out in pain because she landed on my ankle.

"Oh my god. I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry."
"It's fine Kel."

Lys chuckled and kicked Kel off the bed. I swung my legs off the side of the bed and looked around for my crutches. Lys got up and walked out of the room, apologising to Kelley in the process. Kelley came over and sat next to me and rubbed her head.

"Sorry, I forgot about your ankle."
"Don't worry about it Kel. It doesn't hurt anymore."
"Do you need help?"
"Will you get Ashlyn for me please?"
"I'll be back."

She practically sprinted out of my room. I chuckled and flopped back onto my bed. There was a knock on the door and I turned my head to see Ash.

"You summoned me?"
"Yes. I need a bit of help."
"Hop on."

She knelt down in front of my bed. I chucked and crawled over to her and got onto her back. She carried me out of my room and down the hall to the kitchen and dining room. We walked in and I saw everyone sitting outside on the deck chairs. Ash carried me over to a free one next to mom and saw my crutches there. Mom chuckled at me when I landed on the chair with a thud.

"Enjoy your sleep?"
"I was until your idiotic teammate came in and jumped on us."
"I told you I was sorry."
"I know Kel. I was only messing."

The doorbell rang and Zach stood up and walked back inside. Hope handed me a plate of food and I thanked her. They all continued talking with one another. My phone buzzed in my pocket and I pulled it out to see it was twitter notifications. I stared at the black screen for a while having an inner debate with myself. I stood up and set my plate on the chair.

"Where are you going?"
"To freshen up. I feel like crap."
"Do you need help getting to your room?"
"No I'm fine. Thanks though."

I limped inside and saw Zach was still standing by the door talking to a man I didn't recognise. Zach smiled when he saw me and winked at me. I limped down to my room and sat on my bed. I unlocked my phone and clicked on her number and pressed call. I waited for a few seconds but she answered on the fifth ring.

Alex; Hello?
Me; Uh, hi.
Alex; Hey Rach, uh, what's up?
Me; I wanted to thank you for the jersey. I love it so thank you.
Alex; I'm glad. Listen Rach, I'm sorry I cou-
Me; I know. I better go. We're having a barbecue with all the girls.
Alex; Okay, call me tomorrow after your mom's game.
Me; I will. Talk to you tomorrow.
Alex; I love you Rach.

I frowned and couldn't forge a sentence. I hung up and limped over to my desk and plugged my phone in to charge. I faced the window and looked out at the sky. The sun was setting giving the sky a nice pinky and orangey colour. They were all still talking and laughing outside and I could hear a few of them in the kitchen.