Twenty - Six

THREE YEARS LATER

Rachel's POV
So today's the Champions League final and guess what! I'm captain! Steph got injured in the semifinals against Barcelona and the girls all voted to have me as captain. So here I am. A twenty year old in her fourth season of her professional career and captain of Manchester City.

I finished college last month and to say I'm relieved is an understatement. I aced everything and now I'm a qualified social worker and PE teacher. I took on both because I could use the PE while still playing full time.

Steph insisted on me staying with her so I secretly bought her a house with my college funds, that I didn't actually need, and surprised her with it. Stephen even moved in with us as well and we're one big happy family. I've met both of their parents and family. I even spent last Christmas with them because I had to go into school to catch up because I had a lot to catch up on. I had to play full time after Lucy left and it was really hard to go to school and train with the team.

Anyway, back to today. We're here in Wembley stadium and it's huge. The girls are all in the dressing room preparing themselves for the game but I'm out on the field examining it. Just like Becky taught me. Speaking of which, they're all coming today to watch.

The stadium is empty, not surprised seeing as the game isn't until another two and a half hours. Nick wanted to be early just to get a feel for the surroundings. I felt something grab my leg and I squealed. I looked down and chuckled. I bent down and picked up Cass and hugged him close.

"Hiya baby."
"Rwachy."

I kissed his cheek and he giggled and kissed mine back. I turned and saw Dom, Zach and Serv standing there smiling at us. I walked over to them and smiled.

"Well if it isn't captain America herself."
"In the flesh. What are you guys doing here so early?"
"The girls were taking too long to get ready so we decided to come early. The security guard helped us out on surprising you but Cass waddled away from us before we could."

Cass laughed and clapped his hands and it melted my heart. He's really grown up since I saw him last.

"Have you seen the program yet?"
"No, why?"
"You're on the cover."
"Seriously?"

Zach handed me the cover and I looked at in awe. It was a photo of Steph and I facing Wendie Renard and Lucy. We walked towards the tunnels and stopped once we reached the inside.

"Can I borrow your son for a moment? I'll be out in ten minutes."
"Sure. We'll be over talking with my cousins."

He pointed towards where three men were standing. They were the security guys and I smiled. I nodded and walked towards the dressing room. I opened the door and kicked it open wider with my foot. The girls all stood up and surrounded Cass and I.

"Oh my god! Look at him. He's gorgeous."

I smiled and chuckled as Cass reached his arms up for Steph to take him. She looked at me and I nodded to her and she reached over and picked him up.

"Hiya bud."
"Hello."

The girls all cooed as he played with Steph's face and then she passed him to Jill. She sat on the chair next to my locker and played with Cass. The girls went back to getting ready and I smiled as Jill played with him. He looked over at me and giggled. He reached him hands up for me and I took him off Jill. He snuggled into my chest and sucked on his thumb as his eyes closed.