Fifteen

Rachel's POV
It took a while but I finally had the outlines all finished and just needed to darken them. I reached into my pencil case and grabbed a darker shade pencil and began tracing over the lines. I made a mistake and reached for the eraser but couldn't feel it. I lifted my head and saw Julie holding it out to me. I sighed and took off my headphones and paused my music. I reached over and took the eraser off her.

"Thanks."
"I didn't know you draw."
"There a lot of things you don't know about me."
"Don't be like that."
"Like what?"
"Defensive mode. I'm here in peace. She had an emergency captain meeting with the trainers and Zach's inside. So, what are you drawing?"
"The city. Well, the view really."
"Can I have a look?"
"I guess so. It's not good but you can."

I handed her the pad and she gasped. She looked at me in shock and then at the sketch in amazement. She began tracing over it with her finger.

"This is.... woah..... its incredible Rach. Do you have more?"
"Yeah. They're all in that."
"May I?"
"I guess."

I sat back and looked at her as she looked through the sketches in amazement. I was kind of hoping she wouldn't see the one I'm working on back home but I think she did because she stopped flipping through them. She looked at me and furrowed her brows and sighed out. I smiled slightly at her and looked out at the city.

"Is this. Wow Rach. It's incredible. Wow."
"Yeah, well. It's nothing."
"It's not nothing. This is art. Amazing art that should be showcased. You've got amazing skill Rachel and don't be scared to show it off."

I blushed and ducked my head. I heard her chuckle and she set me sketch pad back on the table. She scooted her chair closer to me and put her hand on my leg. I looked at it and then into her eyes. They were soft and loving like always.

"She's pissed off isn't she?"
"She'll get over it. It's nothing we can't handle. However, Alex on the other hand is a completely different story."
"Oh god, I forgot about that. Oh god, what's she going to do? And Ashlyn? What was I thinking? I wasn't thinking. Jesus why didn't I think."

We both heard the door close and mumbling coming from inside. Julie looked at me and smiled.

"Looks like Godzilla is back."
"Great."

She chuckled and stood up. She walked back inside and I sunk back into my seat. I grabbed my sketch pad off the table and opened it to the sketch. It was of mom, Jules, Alyssa and I standing together. We were all wearing our Red Stars jerseys and they had shorts on but I had jeans. We were turned around so the back of our jerseys were showing. All our hairs were in buns so our surnames were on it. Press 23, Ertz 8, Mini Press 23 and Naeher 1. It was only half done. I still had to finished the grass park of the photo and then colour it. I turned back to my work in progress and returned to darken it.

"Hey, go get ready. We're leaving for dinner in a few."
"Where are we going?"
"Just downstairs to the restaurant."
"Okay, you guys go ahead. I must shower and get dressed."
"Okay, text when you're coming down and either Zach or I will meet you at the elevator."
"Okay. Thanks J."

She smiled and walked back inside. I gathered everything and walked inside just as they were leaving. Julie said mom was just finishing her makeup and then the bathroom will be free. I put everything onto the bed and went to my suitcase. I waited for mom to come out to see what she was wearing and saw she was wearing a dress. I'm grateful I have Julie to make sure I always pack a dress with me for occasions like this. I pulled it out and set it on the bed along with my shoes and purse. I picked up the dress and went into the bathroom and got in for a quick shower and then began getting dressed. I blow dried my hair and straightened it and kept it down. I put on the dress and then put on a bit of lipgloss. I walked back out to the room and put on my shoes and picked up my purse. I walked to the mirror to look at myself and smiled. I was just about to walk out when I remembered my necklace. I walked back to my bag and put it on and then walked back to the mirror. I fixed my hair and pulled out my phone and texted Julie.