(Rowoon) Tall Boy

Seokwoo was always alone. He was 8 years old, and he was very handsome for a boy his age, but none of the other boys were ever willing to play with him. Visuals weren't that important at that age anyway. He was always on his own because the other kids thought he was intimidating. This boy was very tall for an 8 year old, and in everyone's eyes, he was as scary as a monster.

At break, he never played with the other kids. When he tried to approach them, they would try not to make eye contact and run away. Some also just ignored his presence. He was a very lonely boy and he just wished that he had a friend to talk or play with.

Everyday after school, just before he went to bed, he made a wish. "I wish everyone wasn't scared of me. I promise I'm a really good person."

He wasn't lying. He always got good scores in class, excelled in baseball and even always ate all his vegetables!

As if someone had heard his wish, he walked in one day at school to find an extrodinary surprise.

The teacher walked in and announced something.

"Okay class, today we have a new student joining our class."

It was a boy. He slowly made his way in, and the students' faces froze.

Yes, the boy was just about as tall as Seokwoo but he looked very different. He had a pointy nose and sharp eyes, which greatly resembled a lion. He showed no signs of being nervous as he introduced himself, and he had a smile on his face as he spoke.

"Hello, I am Baek Juho! I hope to get along with everyone."

The class remained silent.

The teacher looked around before saying "Juho, you can sit next to Seokwoo. Seokwoo, please raise your hand."

Seokwoo felt excited as he rose his hand, and Juho made his way over.

After class Seokwoo moved over to Juho and tried speaking to him.

"Hi! I'm Seokwoo! I hope we can be friends." He stuck his hand out offering a handshake.

Juho accepted it with a grin and said "Okay!"

These two then made their way to the playground, talked to each other, and played- a bond quickly forming between one another.

Soon, these two became inseparable and they were the best of friends for a long time. Seokwoo was never lonely again with his best (and also tall) friend, Juho. It no longer mattered whether the other kids would pay attention to him, or not. To have such a beautiful friendship with one person was enough.