2 | A WELL DESERVED PUNCH

MARGO is sitting on the couch next to the mirror Kol has been staring at himself in, where she took up residence after she met their mother, Esther. The two would sneak a glance at the other now and again but neither would admit it. It didn’t go unnoticed by the rest of his family and they also figured out who she was. It was rare and special to meet ones mate and they hoped Kol looked after her.  Rebekah offered her a seat on the couch next to her but she declined, a woman is doing her nails as she watched the Original family. Rebekah is having her nails polished by an assistant. Kol is standing before a full-length mirror wearing a black evening suit while a tailor adjusts it. Finn and Elijah are also standing in the room preparing for the ball while music is playing.

“Elijah.” The human called out and both him and Kol listens but the latter is pretending he isn’t.

“Margo.” He retorts and she smiles as he calls her, her preferred name that than that awful one.

“Those two shoes looks exactly alike.” She tells him sarcastically and Kol snickers, as does the rest of his family.

“Color.” He said simply and the girl rolled her eyes.

“The black one, duh. You’re wearing a tuxedo not a dark blue suit.” She tells him and his siblings lets out another round of chuckles, liking her sass. It is quiet for a while before Kol speaks up:

“Rebekah? Tell me how handsome I am.” He tells her, his cockiness shinning through.

“Ah Kol, you know I can't be compelled.” She retorts as Margo snickers and Finn grins. The door opens and Klaus walks in and up to Rebekah. Margo smiles at the sight of her best friend and Kol lets out an inaudible growl.

“You went after Elena? What is wrong with you?!” He questioned incredulously and not noticing his best friend.

“Here we go.” Rebekah says with a sigh, knowing what’s coming.

“Do you want another dagger in your heart?” Klaus retorts and Margo rolled her eyes. He may be her best friend but he can really be an idiot sometimes.

“Again with the dagger threats? Don't you have any other tricks?” Kol question, just to rile him up further.

“Oh, go back to staring at yourself.” The hybrid retorts, turning slightly to face his brother and he finally notices his best friend and smiles.

“And who are you, my father?” Kol counters with a mischievous grin, having seen the smile he sent Margo and he didn’t like it. Even if it was a friendly smile but jealousy flooded his mind and his rational side flying out the window, not that he has much of one of begin with.

“No, Kol, but you're in my house.” He replies, ignoring his best friend for now.

“Then perhaps we should go outside.” The youngest Mikaelso challenged his Hybrid brother.  Klaus and Kol stare at each other and Margo decided that she had enough.

“Okay, that’s enough.” She told them as she stood up. “You two remind me of Jeremy and Tyler when they were fighting over my sister. Two grown men, sort of, acting like two five-year-olds who is fighting over who goes down the slide first.” She told them with a huff and as she was talking, she crossed her arms over her chest. The rest of the Mikaelson family had amused expressions on their faces as they watched the tiny human lecture the thousand year old vampires.