16 | AN ACTUAL PLAN

PURE bliss. That is what Margo Donovan is feeling as she is watching her mate cooking them breakfast. Or trying to, at least. It wasn’t going so well. Though somehow, she still managed to feel like she was in her own personal version of heaven. She offered to help, but he refused. And that’s how Margo ended up watching her mate with an amused expression as he swore every so often. When smoke came from the pan on the stove and was quickly filling the kitchen, the human girl decided to step in and help her clearing drowning mate.

She switched of the stove, threw the burnt eggs and bacon in the trash and then placed the pan in the sink and opened the warm water tap in the pan, the warm water so that the pan doesn’t get any wobbles. The human also disposed of the pieces of charcoal that was once bread. “So, clearly you don’t exactly understand how a modern kitchen works and is in desperate need of some help.”

Kol nodded, finally giving in with a sigh, “Yes, it would seem that I’m terrible at cooking.”

“Well, I’m sure you have other talents.” She said with an optimistic smile, walking towards her mate. She reached up and locked her arms around his neck. He slung his arms around her waist. “I don’t know what they are, but I know one of them is kissing, I can definitely vouch for that one.”

“I’d be more than happy to show you some more of that talent.” He murmured with a seductive smile, leaning closer to her and down to her lips. Their lips were about to touch when a familiar voice spoke up, killing the mood.

“What the hell? Margo?” Tyler Lockwood. Someone she hasn’t seen in weeks. Looking back on it, it was because of him that Klaus and her became friends. After Tyler was turned, she went to Klaus and asked him to let Tyler go. The Hybrid refused, but he admired her bravery and loyalty, how she as a mere human was willing to face the strongest being alive just for a friend.

Margo turned around and moved out of Kol’s embrace but he wrapped an arm around her waist as per usual. “So, I take from your shocked face you don’t know about us?”

“No, I didn’t know. If I did I would have tried to talk some sense into you.” Tyler fumed, glaring at the Original that looked at him with a baiting smirk. “Seriously, Margo? Kol Mikaelson of all people?”

“Yes, seriously. And I’d appreciate if you didn’t talk about him or to him like that.” Her words were firm and her eyes was serious. The first created Hybrid stared at her in disbelief.

“You know I’m standing right here, mate?” The Mikaelson questioned the tan male with raised eyebrows. He already knows that he will never be good enough for her, there was no need to rub it in his nose.

Tyler nodded, “I know, I just don’t care.”

“I can you kill with without blinking.”  Kol threatened, letting go of Margo’s waist and stepping in front of her. He narrowed his eyes at his brother’s Hybrid. If pathetic excuse of a baby vampire was going to look for a fight with an thousand year old Original vampire then he was about to get his ass kicked all the way to the moon.

“You can try.” The Lockwood boy challenged, looking at the much older vampire with raised eyebrows and a smirk on his lips. Tyler sped forward, his Hybrid face coming out as his animal side took over, and made the biggest mistake of his life as he bit into the wrong person.