8 | ORIGINAL PROTECTORS

THE days after Kol Mikaelson's departure from Mystic Falls to Denver, went by slowly for both him and Margo Donovan. Neither of the two realized how used they had gotten to the other in the last few days. Sensing her somewhat depressed mood, Klaus told Rebekah to keep his best friend company and to lift her spirits while he was put doing business. And it wasn't hard to convince the blonde Original because she had taken a liking in the small human that is Kol's mate.

And that is how Margo ended up at the Restoration fundraiser for the Wickery Bridge with Rebekah. The vampire excused herself to go and talk to Mayor Lockwood while Margo entertained herself by looking at the construction. Not that there was much to look at.

"Did you get what you want?" The human asked the vampire once she joined her again. She was anxious to get rid of the last of the wood, she didn't want Kol or her friends to die.

"Not quite. But I'll figure it out." Rebekah answered her, looking at something. Margo followed her gaze and saw Damon talking to a red head that the human didn't know. But Rebekah did.

"Who is that?" She asked the vampire who looked at the unknown woman with a scowl on her face.

"Sage." The Mikaelson replied bitterly. Margo's eyes widened.

"As in Finn's long lost girlfriend?" The human asked, disbelief coating her tone and the vampire nodded in confirmation.

"Woah." Margo said, her eyes wide as she followed Rebekah - who had begun to walk over to Sage and Damon.

"Look what the cat dragged in." The blonde commented snarkily and Margo's eyes widened at her unpleasant tone. It was different from the tone she used around Elena. There was more venom in it.

"Easy there, Rebekah. You know she use to beat men for sport." Damon said and Margo frowned heavily - she couldn't imagine why someone would hurt another person as a sport. She would never hurt someone intentionally - not even Damon.

And, yes, it is quite ironic considering who her best friend is.

"She always was quite common." The blonde said in the same tone as before, making Margo's eyes widen even more.

"Rebekah!" Margo scolded but there was a smile on her face.

"Rebekah. What a happy surprise. And I see you've compelled yourself a human friend. Let me guess, she's a whore just like you." The red head said in a blunt tone and Margo took a step back - as if she had been slapped - while Damon's widened.

"Yeah, might not want to insult the only human all of the Originals like and are hell bent on protecting. You really don't want to find how murderous Klaus can get when it comes to girly Donovan. And don't even get me started on Kol." Damon advised Sage, who looked at the human with curiosity in her features.

"Kol, huh?" The red head said, more to herself than anyone else. "Last I remembered, he doesn't care about anything or anyone." She said bluntly, hoping to hurt the human but all she did was anger her.

"I'm not a whore and I'm sorry that Finn left and that you are heartbroken but that gives you no right to take it out on others." Margo told her angrily and turned to walk off into her own direction. Rebekah watched the human girl that she's come to think of as a friend, with a sad look.