6 | MURDEROUS THOUGHTS

AFTER Kol had told Margo about the white oak tree and that they were looking for it any why, she immediately offered to help. Which is how she ended up sitting besides Rebekah, across from Carol Lockwood in the Mystic Grill while Kol was at the bar listening into their conversation. The soulmates glancing at each other now and again.

"Thank you for meeting with us, Mayor. I figured as head of the Preservation Society, you'd be a good person to ask about the oldest trees in this community." Rebekah said in an polite tone that Margo couldn't tell if it was real or fake.

"A long line of Lockwood women use to keep those records, back before any of them had actual jobs." The Mayor answered just as politely, still confused on how Margo Donovan of all people was involved with the oldest and deadlist family of vampires alive.

"I've been to the Founders' archive, but I can't seem to find any record of the tree I'm looking for." The Originals vampire told her.

"It probably got cut down. Big old trees built half of this town in the 1900s." She said and glanced over to the bar where Kol was drinking by himself, waiting for the two to finish up. Margo scowled at this. Everyone knew that the Mayor had a thing for younger men. She'd better not try her luck with Kol, he's mine, Margo thought to herself and shocked herself at her thoughts. She had just met the guy and here she was getting possesive of him. Margo quickly dropped her scowl once the Mayor adverted her gaze but not before Rebekah saw and a slight smirk was tugging on her lips. Meanwhile, Stefan and Damon enter the Grill and headed towards the bar.

"Oh, She-Devil and Girly Donovan at nine o'clock. Word of advice, stay away from Donovan unless you want to be threatened." Damon told his little brother. The two Mikaelson's heard this and smiled. Rebekah looked up and she and Damon stared at each other.

"Do you happen to know who kept the milling ledgers during that period?" The blonde asked, returning her attention to the matter at hand.

"Back then all the logging mills were owned by the Salvatores." Carol asked and Margo groaned inwardly.

"Thank you for your time and the information, Mayor. If you'll excuse me, I think I'll go straight to the source." Rebekah told Carol, who nodded. The two females stood up from their seats and headed for the bar.

"I really don't want to be near Damon." The human told Rebekah.

"You can go and sit with Kol." The Original said in a soft tone, understanding where the girl was coming from but that didn't stop the smirk from growing on her lips as she watched Margo's entire face light up at the mention of the wildest Original.

"I can do that." Margo said happily and skipped of towards Kol and Rebekah when to the oppisite side where the Salvatores were.

"Hey." She said as she ploped down next to the Original. A soft smile immediately grew on his face and Kol turned to face her.

"Hello." He greeted back and locked eyes with her. The two stared at each other for a while before Kol finally broke it by turning back to the bar with a glare in the Salvatores direction even if they couldn't see it because they were occupied with his sister. He didn't like the fact that Margo was almost hurt, three times by the same person, or vampire in this case.

"So, I know there isn't much in Mystic Falls but how are you liking it so far?" She asked him, geniunely curious about what he thought about her home town.