12 | THE TRUTH ABOUT US

WHEN Margo woke up the next morning, she was lying on a very comfortable pillow. She snuggled deeper into her pillow and sighed contently. The pillow vibrated beneath her and she heard an attractive chuckle. The human stilled as she realized that she wasn’t laying on a pillow but rather on someone because pillows don’t chuckle. Thinking over last night’s memories, she realized what, or who she was laying on. Her cheeks flamed up and she tried to move away from Kol. But that was useless because he was a vampire and even though he didn’t need to, the Original tightened his grip on her lightly. Not enough to hurt her, but enough to let her know that he wasn’t going to let her go. And he didn’t just mean today. He wouldn’t ever let her go. 

“Morning Kol.” She whispered softly, reaching up and clutching his white t-shirt in her tiny fists. She also sent a quick thanks to the heavens that unlike her brother, he decided to wear a t-shirt to bed. She wasn’t sure she’d be able to stop staring at his abs once she started. Eventually the small human gathered enough courage to look up into his eyes.

With a teasing glint in his eyes and laughter in his tone, the Original said, “Morning Mango.” Her eyebrows furrowed for a moment before she closed her eyes and groaned quietly. The sound nearly drove Kol nuts.

“How did you-“ She started to ask but cut herself of as she figured it out herself. “Jeremy.” Kol nodded lightly and the human opened her eyes to a wondrous sight. A smiling Kol, pearly whites on display. “I hate him.”

“No, you don’t. Or you wouldn’t have asked Klaus to tell me not to kill him.” The Mikaelson pointed out much to Margo’s displeasure. She rolled her eyes and brought her hands up to try and clear it of sleep.

“That’s true.” She admitted before yawning. “How long have you been up?” The human asked him as she laid her head back onto his chest.

“About two hours.”

“What time is it?” She asked, suddenly remembering that she has school.

“Past ten.” At his answer, Margo wriggled out of his grip that he loosened when he started teasing her. She stumbled out of bed, only to realize that she wasn’t in the room that she was staying in since moving into Klaus’ mansion. The human ran out of the room and into her own room. Throwing open the cupboard doors, she frowned when she noticed her clothes is gone.

“Where are my clothes?” She wondered out loud. Margo heard a whooshing sound behind her but before she could turn around, arms wrapped around her middle and a head rested on her shoulder. From the sparks, she knew it was Kol.

“Moved them to my, well now, our room.” He told her, smiling goofily over her shoulder but that smile faded when his mate froze in his arms. Carefully, he removed his arms and walked around his mate, to look at her face. The human came out of her shocked state and looked down to the floor.

“Why?” She whispered, taking a step back from the vampire, making him flinch and a pang of hurt shut through his heart. His face crumpled as a sigh heaved from his lips. “Why did you do it? And why do you care so much about me?”  She asked in a ramble, her voice getting louder, but not to a shouting degree. “I don’t mind, I don't mind. In fact, I like it very much, too much I think. I just want to, no, need to know why." She told him, her voice pleading. It was driving her crazy. And she was afraid that he would stop once she confronted him but it was a risk she was going to have to take.