15 | WORTHY OF HER

TEARS where in Margo Donovan's eyes as she made her way through the woods and to the tomb. Kol was next to her, his hand in hers. Neither of them spoke, but he squeezed her hand now and again, letting her know that he is there for her. She was thankful beyond words. When she finally reached the tomb, the tears fell freely. Kol wished than he could do something, anything to make her feel better. Elena, Stefan, Damon, Caroline, Tyler, Matt, Bonnie, Jeremy and a crying Meredith is present.

"I'll wait for you out here." The Original told his mate. She nodded and let go of his hand before making her way to the tomb. The rest of the Mystic Falls gang, watches the girl with sympathy. They knew that Alaric has been the closest thing to a father the girl has ever had, since her and Matt's was a dead-beat. They also know that out of all of them she was the kindest, purest and the one who didn't deserve any of the pain that she was going through right now.

"I don't like you." Matt said and everyone knows who he was talking to. They also knew that the Original wouldn't do anything to him. Kol glanced at him, wondering where he was going with this. "But Margo does. She, for some reason, thinks that you're all worth something. You, Klaus, Rebekah, Elijah and I can bet you she even thought and still does think that there is good in Finn."

"What are you trying to get at?" The wildest Mikaelson asked, not knowing what his point is. He already knows all of this.

"What Donovan is trying to say is that Margo is the kindest and purest girl in the universe. And you better not let her down because there is a whole bunch of us that will hunt you down if you hurt her, Mikaelson." Damon snapped to the Original. Yeah, he tried to hurt her but she was once his friend. Back when Stefan and Elena gave up on him, she was the one who never gave upon him. The one who never looked at him differently once she found out that he was a murderous vampire. She was mad at him when she found out that he killed her sister, but she never gave up on him. She never stopped trying to find his light. Even when he did.

"I can promise you, mate, if I ever hurt her you wouldn't have to hunt me down. I will gladly take a dagger for the rest of eternity because without her, my life has no meaning. No purpose." He told them and for the first time since Kol was awakened, they all saw something good in him.

In the tomb, Alaric was getting ready to die peacefully when he heard soft steps in the tomb. He knew who it was. The one girl who hasn't said goodbye or has been to see him. He spotted her small figure, then her red face and puffy eyes. He immediately walked to her wand wrapped her up in a hug.

"Oh, Margo." Then she started to sob, gripping his shirt and he held her tightly as her small body shook against his. His heart hurt even more when he felt the tears soaking through his shirt. Tears rolled down his cheeks silently.

"T-this isn't fa-fair." She hiccupped once she stopped crying. Sort of.

"I know, sweetie, but this is the only way." He told her softly. She nodded. Margo knew this was the only way. Kol told her. And Matt and Klaus and Jeremy.

"That doesn't make it any easier." The small human said as she slowly calmed down more and more. But the pain in her heart didn't disappear or fade a bit.

"No, it doesn't." He agreed with a sad chuckle. "Take care of yourself, Margo."

"I will, Ric, I promise." They hugged again, longer this time. Eventually the two broke apart and walked back outside. Alaric sees gathering of people outside the tomb. There are lit candles scattered around them. Alaric smiles a little. Alaric tears up and goes into the tomb and closes the gate. Kol speeds to Margo and wraps her in a hug. For the second time in one night, she breaks down. This time, she was in the arms of the person she loves.