3 | NOT SO FAIRYTALE BALL

MARGO was nervous. It was half past six and she has been waiting for Kol for the last ten minutes. Dressed in her red dress and the heels that came with them, she waited. The invitation said that the ball started at seven and she only now realised that Kol never gave her a time. What if her didn't show up? Or worse. What if he did? Would she look pretty enough? Margo wasn't ugly but lets honest here: the Mikaelson's got a very good gene pool and was hot and Kol was the hottest of all - and good lord did he know it.

"I still don't like you going with the most murderous vampire alive." Matt grumbled for the thousand time as he entered the living room where Margo waited as she rolled her eyes. Again.

"Yeah, you've mentioned that like a thousand times and for the thousandth time: I'm not changing my mine." She told him and he huffed as he crossed his arms over his chest, looking uncomfortable but still very nice.

"You look handsome twin." Margo complimented with a smile.

"You too. He better keep his hands to himself or I'll hit him, no matter if his an Original vampire." Matt said completely seriously and Margo knew he would. Just like she would protect him from girls, he would protect her from guys but for some reason she doesn't believe Kol will hurt her.

The door bell rang and Margo made her way to the door but if was neither one of the Donavon siblings' date. Neither bothered to hide their disappointment.

"Oh, its you." Margo said and the smile dropped from her face as she looked at Damon. The vampire was awestruck by how beautiful she looked, he often thought about dating or sleeping with her but she rejected him and he knew Matt would stake him in his sleep.

"Well, geez. Don't hide your excitement." He said in his typical sarcastic Damon like way.

"What do you want?" She asked him sternly. If she could help it, she avoided him like one would avoid  the plague.

"I want you to get some information from Kol, word is your going with him." He said bluntly and Margo narrowed her eyes and Matt sighed. Damon said the wrong thing because along with that kind side of her came loyalty and it doesn't matter if she just met you, you automatically get it but once you lose it? That's the tricky part.

"No." She stated and Damon grew annoyed. He grabbed her by the arm, the arm she punched Elena with, and pulled her out of the house. She winced from his tight grip and as she tried to pull from it, he just grabbed her tighter.

"Damon! Let her go." Matt said, an uncontrollable anger in him. He would die before he let someone hurt her. The vampire was about to open his mouth and threaten her when suddenly Damon was pinned to the side of the door.

"If you value your life, you won't lay a hand on her ever again." Said the voice of Rebekah and Margo had never been so relieved to hear her blonde friend. She stepped outside the house and saw Damon with Rebekah's hand wrapped around his throat.

"She's just a human. What do you care?" He asked as he struggled but she only tightens her grin.

"I do care. She's my friend. And more than that, she is under the protection of my entire family so keep you hands off her." The Original vampire told the younger one. She was not about to let her brother, lose his mate and she knew for a fact that the family would agree a with what she said. Matt's eyes widened but he didn't say anything because all he wanted was for his sister to be safe because he wouldn't survive losing another.