11 | MISSING HIM

THE scream that left Margo Donovan's lips, caught the attention of everyone around her as well as her twin and Rebekah. It was the Original that made it to her fist and caught the girl just as she was about to fall to her knees from the pain that she was feeling. It felt like someone drove a stake through her heart. Concern swirled in Rebekah's blue eyes as she kept her arms around her brother's mate.

"Margo, what's wrong?" The panic that she was feeling was heard in her voice. Margo didn't know how she knew the answer to the question, but she just knew.

"This is going to sound really crazy, but I think Kol is in trouble." She whispered weakly, her eyes fluttering close and open, leaning her head against the blonde's shoulder. Rebekah's eyes widened as she realized that Margo was feeling what Kol felt. It would mean that their mate bond is stronger than any one of her family members expected. It was then that Matt arrived besides the two, slightly out of breath.

"Look, why don't you stay with your brother, while I go and give mine a call?" The Mikaelson suggested and when Margo nodded with fluttering eyes and a weak smile, she passed the human over to her brother. Matt wrapped his arms around his sister and looked down at her, careful not to hurt her and walked over to the bleachers to sit down.

"Margo, are you okay?" Matt asked, clearly worried about his twin sister.

"I'll be fine, Matty." She assured him and despite the fact the situation, Matt smiled. And he also knew that Margo would be forgiving him sometime soon. And he couldn't be happier. Suddenly, Margo began to feel better. The pain in her chest faded into nothing and she felt fine. She shrugged out of her brother's embrace and stood up. The human girl didn't feel weak or like she would faint.

"Margo?" Matt called out to her, his tone questioning.

"I'm fine. I feel fine. It just disappeared." Margo was then sure that it had something to do with Kol. She didn't know why she felt what Kol felt, but she was happy that he was okay. The dirty blonde scanned the room and saw Rebekah pacing at the door of the cafeteria with her phone pressed to her ear. And then a relieved smile made it's way onto the blonde's face and Margo speed walked over to the vampire.

"Well, be more careful would you, Margo nearly passed out from feeling your pain through the bond." Rebekah scolded her brother, who felt extremely guilty that his mate was hurting because of him. Margo's eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she caught that sentence. When she was near the blonde, Rebekah's eyes widened and Margo mouthed, 'is that him?' The Mikaelson nodded and the human made a pleading face. She desperately wanted to talk to Kol, she missed the sound of his voice. She missed how he would wrap his arm around her waist and she would feel safe and happy. She missed him.

"Here she is." Rebekah said to Kol before passing the phone to Margo. The girl smiled as she took the phone but when the realization set in that she was about to talk to Kol, her heart beat sped up and suddenly her hands was moist. Her hands were trembling slightly as she brought the phone up to her ear.

"Hi." She squeaked out nervously and Rebekah bit her lip so that she wouldn't laugh. Margo and Kol was so adorable around each other. Just like Kol made Margo incredibly nervous, the human could bring Kol to his knees if she really wanted to and she doesn't even know how much power she has over the Mikaelson male.

"Hello darling." He greeted and Margo's cheeks flushed from both the name of affection he called her and his accented voice. It's one of the many things she loves about him. "Are you okay?" He asked her, feeling guilty about what he unintentionally put her through.