1 | FOREVER WITH YOU

MARGO DONOVAN LOVES HER LIFE. While it wasn't always the easiest one, she had Matt by her side an that was enough. She was content to spend the rest of her life in Mystic Falls and never leave. To grow old here and one day die.

Then Damon and Stefan Salvatore came into town and everything changed. Her sister died, she found out about vampires, had to keep it a secret from Matt so he could be safe, she had to remember to throw some vervain in her coffee every morning so that Damon couldn't compel her to give him drinks for free and she had to work and balance school on top of all that.

Klaus Mikaelson came to town next. And everything took a turn for the absolute worst. Everyone was in a frenzy, wanting to know how to kill him and hell, for a second there, Bonnie did die. When Klaus came back into town and turned Tyler into a hybrid, Margo did a stupid, stupid thing. She went to ask the hybrid to release her life long friend. He refused, but offered her dinner and the two became the best of friends - much to the displeasure of the Save Elena Squad.

Yeah, Margo Donovan's life wasn't the easiest one, but she loved it. She always knew that she would grow old and one day die. And that was okay because it's the way life works.

But now she's a vampire.

I'm a vampire. She almost snorted as she thought that sentence. Sitting on the couch in her house, Margo was conflicted. Yes, she wanted to be with Kol forever. But how is she supposed to say goodbye to Matt one day? No matter what he's done, he'll always be her brother, her twin. For the last eighteen years, that's all they ever really had : each other.

Come what may, Margo was going to have to figure it out. She already drank a bag of blood, completing the transition. She may wanted a little more time as a human with her brother, but she'll take 50 years over the nothing that she would have gotten had she died. Besides, she was going to turn eventually and her name isn't Elena Gilbert, thank you very much.

There was also be matter of Klaus. Her Hybrid best friend that is dead. Killed by the person she saw as a father figure, but it wasn't really Alaric and she didn't blame him. She didn't even blame him for killing her, because it wasn't his fault, it wasn't him. Margo was just hurting because she lost two important people in her life. It sucks - no pun intended.

Kol was in the kitchen, making her some hot chocolate - he told her that he can figure it out and if all else fails, he could read the instructions. But, he didn't want her to get up. Margo got the feeling that he was feeling guilty over her coming back as a vampire, she heard the whole story, and would have a talk with him about that later.

"One hot chocolate for the lady in my life is served." Kol's accented voice rang out, coming from the direction of the kitchen and startling Margo out of her thoughts. A bright smile lit up her face when she heard his voice and when walked into the room, she held her hands out eagerly for the cup. She sniffed at the cup and then frowned thoughtfully.

"Did you spike my hot chocolate with blood?" She asked her soulmate before taking a sip and closing her eyes in delight. "Cause if so, you're a genius." It was a little strange how much she wanted blood now, but couldn't stand it before. Then again, she was a human before and now she's a vampire. Margo giggled as Kol took a seat next to her, slinging an arm around her shoulders. He dropped a kiss to the side of her head.

"How are you feeling, love?" The Mikaelson asked softly, watching as his mate drank the hot chocolate with a content smile on her lips.