32

(part 2 from the previous chapter (; )

The Cuban boy woke up, the smell of medical supplies stinging his nose. The rhythmic beeping already annoying him. Lance sat up, seeing that he was in a hospital.

A nurse came in, surprised that the boy was up. "W-What day is it?" Lance looked at the small nurse with round glasses. "It's August 8th," she responded.

"L-Last time I remember it was... July 6th..." Lance looked at her. "You've been in a coma for two months," The nurse replied, sitting on her stool.

"Where's Keith?" The lanky boy asked, rubbing his arms. "Keith was your boyfriend, right?" She asked.

Lance nodded quickly, eager for an answer. "The day you came into the hospital, the rainy day... He lost control of his motorbike and crashed... A head-on collision with a truck." The short nurse said.

Lance let out a shaky breath, tears brimming his eyes, "My baby..." He covered his eyes with a hand, softly muttering two words: "and Shiro?"

"Shiro brought you to the hospital, then... Committed suicide a week later.."

If any patient was awake at that hospital, they could have heard the screaming and sobbing Lance had done that day. Even at the other end of the building. The blue-eyed boy cried his eyes out, not caring abut his growing headache or the nurse trying to calm him down.

The only family he had ever had was gone...

And he was never going to get them back.

(244 words. I apologize if I made you cry, this is very sad. If you're wondering what happened to Lance, he jumped off a cliff a month later, believing he would see Keith and Shiro again. Have fun! ((I hope all's well with y'all, ily all!)) -Julian)