43%

EMILY

The morning dragged on, not much happened. We ate breakfast and talked mostly. As afternoon rolled around, Ashton decided he wanted to do something "fun".

Everyone was still in their pajamas by this time, so we all obliged. They knew it was our last day here so we just wanted it to be a nice, relaxed day. But Ashton being Ashton, pushed our buttons to the extent.

We decided to just drive around the city and see what there was to do. Since we didn't know exactly where we were going, I just wore some denim skinny jeans with one of my random t-shirts and called it good.

Of course, there was bowling, laser tag, paintballing, movie theaters, shopping malls and whatnot.

As we drove through the crowded streets, Michael commented on everything he saw.

"Woah!" His eyes would light up at something out the window. "That tattoo shop looks legit."

I looked over to Calum, and he had a devilish grin on his face. "Hey Ash, pull in there." He said, pointing to the little tattoo parlour.

I shook my head, "If I came home with a tattoo my mom would kill me."

Luke smiled, his dimples only appearing for a second. "It's okay Milly, you don't have to. I don't have any either, because my mom would definitely kill me."

Everyone laughed at this, because they knew it was true. I leaned my head against Luke's shoulder as his arm snaked around my waist. "You're beautiful." He said. I kissed his nose.

"Aww, you guys are so cute," Michael cooed and then looked over to Calum. "Calum why don't you ever look at me like that?"

Calum looked over to us, then to Michael, "How come you never kiss my nose like that?"

We all laughed because they knew the Malum ship side of me and Ryleah would come out and it'd be hilarious. I love that they can joke about the fandom ships.

We pulled into the small parking lot of the parlour and we all filed out after the vehicle halted to a stop.

I sighed as I looked up at the bright neon lights that read Ink38. I wonder what the numbers mean.

Calum jumped up and down, excited to get a tattoo. I knew Ryleah doesn't have any tattoos, so hopefully she thinks through it and doesn't do something too scandalous.

We all walked into the small little shop, and was welcomed by a nice looking woman in about her mid-thirties. She had very long black hair and more tattoos than I could count. She didn't have many piercings though, which I appreciated very much. She only had a nose stud and her ears as far as I could tell. A ton of piercings scare me a bit, I don't know why. I know the person's character has almost nothing to do with them, it's just the looks of them I guess.

Everyone walked around the shop, looking at all the cool designs. I knew for a fact I wasn't going to get one, but looking at them satisfied me enough.

It's not like I'll never get a tattoo, just not right now. Living with my mom I would never hear the end of it.

My attention was turned whenever I heard Ryleah squealing. I looked back and her and Calum were looking at her phone and I guessed she was looking at some tattoo ideas on her phone. I smiled and walked over to them looking down at it too. It was a gorgeous sun, with a face appearing as though it was sleeping. (a/n: picture is on the side!). I knew she had always wanted a sun tattoo on her upper thigh since about 7th or 8th grade, and I guessed she had finally decided to get it.

"I have to call my dad! My eighteenth birthday isn't until October, but since I'm already here, I hope he won't mind. I mean, Makayla got her first tattoo at seventeen." She rambled, clicking her dad's contact and walking outside to take the call.

"She's always wanted that tattoo," I laughed. "I hope her dad let's her. She'll be so sad the rest of the trip."

Everyone scattered once again, looking at the designs hung on the wall. This tattoo artist must be very talented if she can do all these. The fonts around this place are brilliant.

All of a sudden, I felt arms come up from behind me and pull my back into their chest. From the smell of the cologne, I knew it was Luke. He rested his chin atop my head, "Hi."

I smiled and turned my head upwards to look at him, "Hi."

He softly pecked my lips, and before I could turn around and kiss him some more, Ryleah came running through the shop.

"He said yes!" She jumped up and down, taking a seat in the leather chair. It reminded me of a chair you would sit in at the dentist. I laughed and walked up to her, Luke's fingers wrapped around mine.

"You ready?" I raised both my brows at her.

She nodded excitedly, the tattoo artist smiling as she took a seat by Ryleah's as she got her equipment ready.

"So, what am I doing for you today?" She smiled sweetly. I looked down at her name tag, it read Sam.

"I want this," Ryleah pulled out her phone and showed Sam the tattoo. "Right here." She pointed to her upper thigh. The placement wasn't too high, and not too low. It was going to look amazing.

Sam smiled and took Ryleah's phone and laid it on the table next to her chair. Everyone gathered around Ryleah and was excited to watch the magic happen.

Since it was still around January, it was cold. So sadly Ryleah had to take her jeans off in order to get the proper skin to show. I knew she didn't mind, she wasn't insecure.

But her old scars that littered her thighs from the 7th grade, was a whole other story.

+

hello!

double update because i was home alone and super bored.

i hope you have enjoyed this story! and remember to look at my a/n in my last chapter to get some insight on the wattys 2017!

i love you all, stay strong.

-luna