Chappie 5

Chapter 5: Why Is My Face Still Red ?

Its been one week since the first day of school and the hallways are full and loud.
Typical morning.
I'm gathering my books from my locker when I feel someone bump into me.
I turn to see Jessica Ferosi looking at me with disgust.
"Watch it." She spits at me.
Although she bumped into me I still apologize.
"Sorry Jessica." I say with a smile.
She looks at me and rolls her eyes,
"And stop being so damn happy." She says. I smile at her and nod my head and compliment her shoes. She stomps away.
I see Tabby walking up to me and she asks me what Jessica was talking to me about. I tell her what happened and she reminds me that when people yell at me I am to tell them to fuck off.
"Now," she begins, "don't freak out but, Justin is on his way so now would be a great time to say something to him." She smiles.
I breathe in and out and shake out my hands. I got this, I got this.
Feeling confident, I step into his path and smile my best smile at him. He stops and looks at me. As I'm looking at him I can see his eyes are puffy and pinkish red. He either has pink eye or he just finished crying. My smile drops a little but I force it back up.
"Hi." I say. "I like your shirt."
"Its black." He says.
"Um, your hair looks nice today!" I chirp.
This isn't so bad.
He notices that I'm looking at his eyes.
He scratches his head. "I don't know why you're talking to me. I hate you. So move out of my way." He says and starts to walk forward.
I step to the side so he doesn't push me and I lean against my locker.
"Well." Tabby starts taking me out of my thoughts, "that wasn't so bad. Better than yesterday!"
Yesterday, when I tried talking to him, he completely ignored me. To say it was embarrassing is an understatement.
"His eyes where red and puffy." I tell her.
Her eyes widen, "really?" She taps her chin. "Maybe you're right. Maybe there is something going on."
***
I thought about Justin all. Day.
In English when I tried pushing him out of my mind, he was only gone for about 5 minutes because I then remembered, he is 3 seats behind me.
I turned around to look at him but he was already looking at me. I could feel my face burning up and I turned back around, put my hood up and and lied my head on my desk.
"Ugh ahh," I mumbled. Why is my face still red??
I haven't liked a boy since 6th grade and he tore my heart out my chest, threw it on the ground and stomped on it !
Okay, what really happened was he moved to a different state and I didn't tell him how I felt so naturally that is my fault.
Lol.
I start to think about Justin again. I just want to ask him, so badly, why he was crying. I know though that if I do he would probably throw me out the window but not before he stabs me. I knew something was wrong, and when I looked in his eyes today I felt it, and I know he felt it too.
It was a connection that you can't just shake off. Nothing happened. No touching. No talking. But the sparks. They couldn't be ignored. That's why he said what he said.
I hate you.
The words still rung in my head.
He has a wall up. A big, tough, wall. I can definitely relate.
The bell rings making me jump and taking me out of my thoughts. I pick my head up when I'm certain that most of the class is gone.
And of course, Justin and Damien are still in the room. Just my luck.
I pick up my things and look over my shoulder and see Justin looking at me while Damien ties his shoes.
I bite my lip and walk out the room. I hear Damien,
"What was that bro?"
"Nothing." Justin replies. I can tell he's smiling.

***