Chappie 12

Chapter 12: I Think You Look Cuter In Skirts

*Belle*

It has been two weeks since the passing of my mom. For the past two weeks I have been cleaning out her room. Mainly to keep myself busy so I can stop crying. I moved most of her stuff to the attic and threw some stuff away. I considered having a yard sale at one point but then I quickly changed my mind. How could I possibly sell any of her items? Maybe after a year I'll sell some stuff, but not now. Its too soon. Another reason I'm cleaning out her room is because I know she doesn't want me to live in her. I can't spend all my time dwelling in the past or else I will never move on. I should know. I pick up a box that I labeled "clothes" and start making my way go the attic.
The funeral was horrible by the way.
All I did was cry.
At one point I had to give a small speech and I broke down twice during it, but I was determined to finish it.
I think the most beautiful part was when we took the roses and threw them in the ground on top of her coffin. The black and white scenery with the red roses made me cry again, but this time tears of joy. Us Cubans strongly believe in seeing each other again. In another time. In another life.
But anyways enough with the sappy stuff. I have to get ready for school.
I take a shower while singing along to Taylor Swift.
When I get out I throw on skirt and tee shirt with some converses. My phone rings and I grab it assuming it is Tabby, I answer immediately.
"Hey do you think it's gonna rain later or anything? Should I just put on jeans?" I say into the speaker. I hear some shuffling then,
"I think you look cuter in skirts actually. And no its not going to rain." The person says.
"Justin?!"
***
When I get to school I go straight to Tabby's locker.
"Dude." I say.
"Dude, aww you look cute." She says back to me.
"Dude!" I say again, "and thank u." I blush.
"What happened?" She asks raising an eyebrow. I pull her into the closest janitor's closet and tell her about my morning phone call with Justin.
"Pause the train! He called you? And said you looked cute!?" She inquires.
"Once again," I laugh, "you're missing the point. He called me. How did he get my number??" I shake.
"I don't know. But here is the question you should be asking. 'Why did he call me?'" She says.
This morning when Justin called me he said he said I look cute in skirts and then I yelled at him.
"Justin?!"
"Yes that's my name."
"How did you get my number? I didn't give it to you did I?"
He laughs, "no I did a little stocking and got it myself. But I do call for a reason-"
"From who?"
"Would you listen? That isn't important right now. I have something to say-"
"I think it's important that someone is giving out my personal information." I keep cutting him off.
"Belle. You're killing me. I called because-"
"Why did you call?" I cut him off again because I'm honestly having a lot of fun.
"Belle." He growls.
"Okay okay I'm done, please, continue." I tell him.
"I called because I wanted to apologize for making you cry a couple weeks ago. I don't know what I said but I know what I said was obviously wrong. Sorry." By the way he apologizes, the roughness in his voice, makes me think about all the times he's ever apologized.
Never. Maybe, twice.
"Aw Justin-" He hangs up.
"He wanted to apologize." I say bringing myself back to reality.
"Mhm. For some reason I don't think he just wanted to apologize?" She taps her chin and looks at me.
We walk out the closet and I see Justin with Luke. He meets my gaze and forms a heart with his hands. I smile, and then he breaks the heart and laughs. I roll my eyes.

***