Chappie 16

Chapter 16: Misunderstood

*Belle*

I woke up this morning with a hangover.
Okay maybe not a hangover but my head was pounding, the light was too damn bright and my phone's vibration was 5 times louder than it usually is.
I only got about 2 hours of sleep last night because I was up all night talking to Tabby.
Trying to talk to Tabitha Greene at 5 in the morning is like trying to keep the attention of a 9 month year old baby.
Impossible.
I told her about child services and me living with Justin, and my dad.
"Oh my god. You're gonna end up living with Justin Davis." She yawned.
"Are you mad that I didn't call you first?" I asked.
"Girl, I'm glad you called him first, gave me more time to sleep. And besides, as much as I would love for you to live with me you can't because as you know, my sister." She said.
Tabby's sister has a personality disorder. Its not exactly schizophrenia but its almost like it. Either way, she becomes different people at random times. It was worse when she was younger but now she has it more under control. Her parents don't want Tabby to really bring anyone to the house which I completely understand.
"I know, and I understand." I said.
"Okay Belle go to sleep my love we'll talk tomorrow, and don't worry, we'll figure this all out. You, me, Justin, and Luke and Kyle, and Damien." She yawned and I heard her roll over. I said goodnight and hung up.
I didn't think about the rest of the guys. That one night we were all in Justin's kitchen together. Laughing and telling stories and drinking lemonade. I didn't realize until now, that these guys are also my friends.
That's crazy.
So, now I'm here forcing myself out of bed and heading to the shower. With each step my head pulsating.
I eventually make my way from the shower back to my room to get dressed. I go down stairs and start the coffee maker because lord knows I'm going to need it to get through my day.
As I'm sipping my hot, salted caramel, vanilla bean, cappuccino, I hear two beeps of a car horn.
Assuming it is Tabby, I shove some eggs into my mouth and grab some toast and head out the door. Its not until I reach the passenger door that I realize that this is not Tabby's car.
I back up and walk to the front of the car to see Justin smirking at me.
I run a hand threw my hair, "Jesus, you can't just roll up on someone like that." I breathe.
He rolls down the window and sticks his head out, "I have no idea what you just said but get it." He says.
I walk to the passenger side and get in.
His car is luxurious.
Leather seats, bluetooth radio, two aux cable holes, and more than enough cup holders for two people.
"You don't deserve this car." I say.
He laughs, "unfortunately I agree. Its to damn nice. Should go to someone more deserving. Especially the fact that I didn't work for it or buy it and I didn't even want it." He said.
"What do you mean ?" I looked at him in confusion.
"Well. I got this car when I turned 16. But the problem is how I got it." He stopped. I could see sadness cloud his features. "My parents sent it to me, they weren't there. I had to celebrate my "sweet sixteen" with my aunt and her husband." He gripped the steering wheel.
"Justin.."
"When I blew out the candles my aunt asked me what I wished for. And I told her the same thing I've been wishing for, for 4 years. For my parents."
I didn't know what to say. I finally know his problem. His parents are never around and they haven't been since he was 12. He's lonely as hell and I can relate.
"Justin!" I scream as pull myself away from my thoughts. The car was moving way to fast and it needed to slow down. 40 miles to 60 to 80. I look over at Justin, his fingers white from his grip on the steering wheel.
"Justin! You need to slow down, now!" I pushed him and he blinked. He slammed on the breaks which sent me flying into the dashboard. I put my arms up in front of my face to protect myself from getting injured.
There was silence in the car as we both just sat there.
I looked at my arms and winced in pain. They were red and bruised from the impact.
"Justin."
"I'm sorry." He whispered.
"No, I'm sorry I didn't know-"
"Don't apologize if you didn't do anything wrong." He said in a stern voice.
"Shit your arms." He noticed.
"I'll be okay lets just go we're going to be late but that's okay." He told him.
He took his foot off the break and the car lurked forward. I let out a shaky breath as the car moved forward.
Justin. Is misunderstood.

***