Chapter 6-Attacking and Kissing

Ella's P.O.V.

I knelled down, in the pool of blood, next to him. Tears started running down my face. I cover his opened arm with the blood rushing out of it with a rag I had brought. The same for the boy who was standing. I have to save him! But how? Then it hits me. I turn to the boy. He was on the other side of Dustin.

"I can save him but I need your help." I say solemnly.

"What do I need to do?" He asks.

"If I squeeze your arm pull me out. Got it?"

He nods. I grab his arm. I bend down bringing my face to the growing pool of blood. I force my fangs out. The boy sees, but I don't care. I set the tip of my fangs in the blood. Then I absorb the blood into my fangs. I quickly move the rag and place my fangs on his wound. The blood returns into him. Then I place the rag back on the wound.

"Press down on the wound with all your strength." I tell the boy as I guide his hand onto the wound.

He pushes down on it. I go to my bag and grab the bandages I had brought. I decided to bring them around with me from now on since Dustin always gets injured and if I keep using the sleeves of my jackets I'm going to have no jackets left.

I lift the boy's hands and I wrap up the wound. The bleeding has stopped.

"Will he live?" Asks the boy.

"I hope."

"Why did you bring medicine?"

"It seems every time we encounter each other he gets hurt."

"You're the one attacking him?"

"I never-"

"You'll die blood-sucker!"

The boy then angrily morphed into a dirty blond wolf. The fur matched his hair. He was about to jump on to me. Then I was pulled down by something. He turns to attack again. Then Dustin jumped up and jumped in front of me causing the boy to stop in his tracks.

"You shall not hurt her!" Growled Dustin.

I was shocked to see him up. He should still be knocked out. I put my hand on his shoulder and signal him to lie down. He does so.

"You have to rest. Your blood needs to flow again and it doesn't help when you're angry."

"I'm not letting anyone hurt you."

"I can take care of myself, you know that. For now you need to keep yourself from getting hurt. I'm not helpless. But you're going to be if you keep getting hurt."

The boy must have de-morphed and got dressed because he was now on the other side of Dustin.

"Why did you attack her Logan?" Growled Dustin.

"I thought she was the one who was attacking you. I mean she's a vampire. They hate us."

"And vice-verse." I say coldly. But its true werewolves hate us as much as my kind hates them.

"Logan she is a very good friend of mine. I saved her life and she has saved mine. Countless times."

"Oh. I'm sorry. Dustin you know you're my best friend and you have always looked after me and helped me. I'm helpless and weak. Like a pup. I just wanted to repay you. I am sorry." Logan said guiltily.

"It's alright you didn't know. My name is Ella. Now Dustin you need your rest so the blood will flow again." I say.

He grabs my hand. "Only if you stay here with me like last time. Promise?"

"Promise."

Dustin lays his head down and falls into a deep sleep. I may not be a pack nurse but I have learned everything about healing. Holly and my mother have taught me.

Even in his sleep Dustin has a tight grip. I know he is asleep because he is very calm and quiet. I smile when I look at his face. He is smiling. Marvelous dreams I hope. Logan had been looking off into the vast river.

"So how did you two meet?" He asks turning his gaze to me.

"The other night I had come here to explore. I was attacked by a werewolf trying to bite my neck for who knows why. Dustin fought him and saved me. I was the one who patched up his wounds. Whatever attacked him had enlarged his wound. He could have died."

"That is if you didn't come. And that other werewolf was trying to mark you."

"Mark me?" I asked.

"All werewolves have mates. People they are meant to be with. Once you find your mate you mark them by biting their neck."

"So how do you know if you found your mate?" I ask worriedly.

"Usually you feel a spark when you touch them. And I hear if you kiss them you feel fireworks."

"I feel sparks when I'm holding his hand and whenever he touches me." I say under my breath.

"That's impossible. It has never been possible for a werewolf to be mates to anything but another werewolf." Logan says with a shocked tone.

"Well I guess it might all just be in my head." I say sadly.

I knew it wasn't all in my head. I knew that I felt sparks. Either way, I don't want anyone else to be with him who might hurt him.

Dustin's P.O.V.

I woke up about an hour and a half after I feel asleep. I woke up seeing Ella's beautiful face. I smile.

"I'm glad you're awake." She says sweetly.

"Now we can go home." Logan says standing up.

"No." Ella says with a panic tone. "Whatever attacked Dustin is still out there. It could be after us. We should stay here for the night." She explains.

I nod in agreement. Whatever was out there could attack us when we walk home. We're safer together.

"But if we all fall asleep then we're literally dead." Protested Logan.

"We'll sleep in shifts. Two people per shift. I'll take the first shift." Rebuttals Ella.

"I'll take the first shift to. I've slept enough." I said. I turned to see Ella smiling. I can tell she was happy that I took the opportunity for the two of us to hang out.

"Fine." Moaned Logan as he lied down and past out.

I turn to face Ella. I'm still holding her hand. But she doesn't mind. I feel the sparks.

"Logan told me about the whole mate thing. I know you're meant to be with your mate but, but-" Ella tried to find the right words. But I found the right action.

I leaned in and kissed her. I felt fireworks. She is definitely my mate. Vampire or not. Go Dustin! Shouted my wolf. I have never kissed a girl before, let alone the most beautiful, amazing vampire in history. Then she stops the kiss.

"What's wrong?" I asked confused.

"I really enjoyed it but. You have a mate. A werewolf mate. Not me." She says sadly.

"I'm as sure as anything that you’re my mate Ella. Every time we touch I feel sparks. And just then I felt fireworks. Those are all the signs of a werewolf's mate. I don't care what people might say. We're mates Ella." I say.

"Even if I say that we're at war, against each other." She said looking sadly at me.