Chapter 46-The Explosion

Few more chapters after this one. Probably about two or three. Bring this book to the watty awards by voting and commenting. The more votes I get, the better. If you want and think this book should win the watty awards, then help by voting. Also I would really appreciate it if you fan. I'll check out your books and profile. There's a huge chance that I'll fan back. Vote and Comment!!!~Writergirlsoccer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dustin's P.O.V.

Logan and I got to the center of the battle field. There was a wide circle of vampires. I got a glimpse inside. In the center of the circle was fallen vampires and healers trying to get them in fighting condition. My sword was hit out of my hand.

"I thought werewolves could smell things a mile away?" I looked at the vampire who was talking to me. It was Ella. She had my sword in her hand. 

"We can." I reach for my sword. She ducks effortlessly.

"Then why didn't you smell me so near by?" She was teasing me.

"I guess I'm just use to your scent." I reach over for my sword again. She ducks so her back was flat and the sword was behind her back. I was right above her. She smiled playfully.

"You should be." She says.

"You're suppose to be a warrior, right?" I ask.

"Of course." She answers.

"Then you should have the right stance." I easily trip her. Before she could fall she grabs my back. I put my hand behind her back. "Or someone can easily trip you."

I take the sword out of her hands. I pull her up. I held her close to me. She pulls back. She holds out her knife, blade facing me. I hold out my sword the same way. "You think you can best me with a knife?" I laugh.

She hits the knife against my sword, hard. She twists the sword out of my hands. She holds the knife blade at my neck.

"I think I bested you." She says.

Another werewolf was about to cut off her head. She grabs the collar of my shirt and pulls us both down. The sword cuts the air. She pulls us back up. She was behind me and the blade was at my neck.

"Drop the sword I kill the beta." She threatens.

He drops the sword. He's knocked to the ground. His body grows white. Harry was sucking his blood. Harry turned to face us. His eyes were dark red. His hair was messy. He looked deranged.

He lunged at me. Ella stood in between Harry and me. She glared at him. "No." She ordered.

He still looked at me with hunger. He wanted my blood. She slapped his head. He snarled at her. She grabbed him by the neck. She brought him close and whispered something in his ear. She dropped him.

"Got it?" She asked angrily.

He nodded yes and ran into the heart of the battle. Ella turned to face me briefly. Her face was hard and angered. She reminded me of everything I was taught about vampires. That they're cold and heartless. She grabbed her arm in pain. She runs off.

Ella's P.O.V.

I whisper in Harry's ear. "You shall not kill him or Logan. If you do I shall see to it that you pay for every one of your crimes. Make sure they are protected. If they die, you die." I drop him. "Got it?" I asked angrily.

He nods and runs. I turn to face Dustin. He looks at me with fearful eyes. I feel an extreme pain in my left arm. The same spot where the mark is. I grab my arm. I wince in pain. I start running.

I run up a tree on the outskirts of the battle field. I look at the mark. It was softly, glowing red. The brighter it got, the more pain I felt. My skin was turning to a brighter white. My hair was growing darker.

"Help!" Someone yelled. I turned my head. Holly and the other healers were being attacked. I jumped down from the tree.

You are hurt yet you fight? Asked the voice.

I have to protect my family. I tell it.

You protect both the Guardian and your family. But you are still unsure where your heart lies. It says. In prophecies it always says that the Guardian has no trouble choosing. In this case he did. He was able to choose you over his pack. Why are you having such trouble choosing? It asks.

My family is something is something I can't afford to loose. But Dustin is someone I can't live without. I want them both. I tell it.

I thrash out at the werewolves. Some of the other vampires came over to help. The werewolves had wooden stakes, swords, spears, and garlic juice in water guns. We had pure silver swords, spears, and brute force. I pull up my bracelet. I punched a werewolf and it fell. The silver was pure so it hurt them.

It all depends on tonight. It says.

Dustin's P.O.V.

I was helping to break the circle. Logan and Rachael were by my side. I saw Ella run back in to help. She seemed distracted by something.

"We got to bomb this circle." Rachael says. "If we get rid of the healers then they won't be able to keep bringing each other back."

I looked at the other side nervously. I couldn't let them bomb the circle. Ella would go down with it. Get away from there Ella. I think.

I felt a hand grab me and bring me towards the main stronghold. The vampires were helping each other up. Rachael grabbed the remote. They had placed explosives by the circle while we were attacking.

She pressed the button. There was a huge explosion. Nothing could have survived it.

I lost her. I lost my Ella. Tears stared building up and streaming down my face. I have failed to protect her.