Chapter 16-We're In This Together

Hey. In the last chapter I don't think I was perfectly clear on how she regained her memory. So I will make it clear in this chapter. Sorry for the confusion. Comment and Vote! ~Writergirlsoccer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dustin's P.O.V.

I was so happy to have my Ella back. I picked her up and spun her around in my arms. Her lips never left mine. When I stopped spinning us she pulled away to look me in the eye. Tears were streaming down both our faces.

"I can't believe your back." I say holding her face in my hands. I never wanted to let go.

"Neither can I. And all those things you said about me, were they true?" She asks.

"Of course. Wait, how do you remember?" I ask confused.

"Vampires have remarkable memories. That's why I remembered my family." She explains.

"How come you didn't remember me?" I ask.

"I did remember you. Only vaguely. I remembered you in the back of my mind. I knew that I trusted you before. So I trusted you again." She explains.

I pull her close to me. Ella tried to pull away. I wouldn't let her.

"I love you too." Ella whispers softly.

A smile grows on my face. "I know." I whisper.

We sit down. I make Ella sit on my lap so I can continue to hold her in my arms. She reluctantly agreed. I knew though that she didn't want to refuse. I know that she didn't want me to let go.

"Dustin, I convinced Rachael to keep the secret. She just-" He stops when he sees us. "Why are you two hugging? I thought she didn't remember." Logan says confused.

"She remembers now." I tell him.

"How?" Logan asks.

Truly, I didn't know either. We both turned to Ella. Her head was resting against my chest. Her hand  intertwined with mine. She blushes a little with all eyes on her.

"I think it was from..." Her voice grew softer with every word. "When Dustin said he loves me." She whispered.

"Wait. What Logan said is true? She's your mate?" Rachael, who apparently walked in while eyes were all on Ella, asked confused.

"Yes." I answer.

"You can't be mates with a vampire." Rachael says in a scarred voice, for she knew the consequences.

"Why not?" Logan asks.

"There are consequences." Rachael says.

"Dustin?" Logan asks.

Everyone's eyes were on me. I knew the consequences. I was raised learning them. But they all seemed like nothing now. But I knew perfectly well that there will be no exception. I will be punished if anyone found out. They would punish Ella too. Also Logan and Rachael for keeping it a secret. I didn't want to say the consequences. Not with Ella here.

"I. I don't know." I growl.

Ella clasps her free hand over the my hand that is holding her's. I look down at her. Her eyes are soft and reassuring. I knew she wanted me to tell them. I knew I could no longer keep this secret from her.

"The consequences for having any relationship with a vampire, is death. A slow and painful one. The pack would be ordered to hunt down the vampire and kill them as well. They will also give a slow and painful death to anyone who knew. And to any vampire they find while searching for the one they are after." I confess.

"Same for vampire law." Ella admits. "Except the vampire and werewolf and anyone who was involved  would have to die with each other. Witnessing each other die."

"So we're at double risk of death." Rachael says coldly.

Ella's P.O.V.

Everyone was quiet. We had nothing to say. We knew that we have two choices. Either suffer the consequences or stop seeing each other. We all knew this.

"I'm not leaving Ella." Dustin says.

"And I'm not leaving Dustin." I say.

"And I'm not leaving you two. Face it. I've been part of this since the beginning." Logan says stepping towards me and Dustin. He sits down on the ground next to Dustin. We turn to Rachael.

"Well I guess you'll need someone to cover for you with your brother." Rachael says reluctantly.

We all sit together. Suddenly I pick up a scent. The others pick it up as well.

"What is that?" Rachael whispers.

"My brother. He must of gotten worried. You guys need to stay here. I'll have to leave with him." I say urgently.

Dustin wouldn't let me go. I knew he didn't want me to get hurt again. I give him one last hug and then he lets me go. I run out of the cave.

"Ella!" Yelled Damien as he ran over to me. "Are you alright? Where have you been?"

"Just out for a morning hunt." I lie.

"Well today we have battle training. The attack is coming up soon. We all need to be prepared." He starts. "Where's your kills?"

"What?" I ask, too quickly for convincing.

"You said you went hunting this morning. Where are all of your kills? You know we can't leave them around. Those flee bags will find them." He growls the last part.

"I didn't make any good kills today." I lie.

"Yeah right. You got the best nose in the pack. You can identify an animal a mile away. Unlike the rest of us. We don't have skills like you." He states acting as if I was joking about not getting a good kill.

"I'm serious. I have no skills." I lie.

"Yeah right. If you wanted to, you could run away and you could survive for the rest of your life." He states. "Now let me see them."

He goes to walk into the cave I block his way. He tries to go through another way. I block him again. He starts to get angry and suspicious. He picks me up and places me behind him. I run in front of him. He grunts. He picks me up and carries me over his should into the cave.