Chapter 41-Ella's Birthday

Okay! Last couple of chapters left! I'm going to miss writing this book! The whole day is going to take up a few chapters. At the most five. So here it is! Comment and Vote!~Writergirlsoccer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ella's P.O.V.

I barley got any sleep. I was nervous about the battle. I was scared about the text message I received last night. Could it have been just a sick prank by someone? I really was hoping that it was.

"You okay?" Dustin asked.

We were walking down the hallway to the lunch room. I didn't tell him about the text. I didn't want to worry him more than he already was.

"Yeah." I lied. "Why?"

"You seem really distant today. Are you sure you're alright?" He asked again.

"I'm fine." I lied. "I'm just scared, okay?"

He takes my hand and pulls me aside. "I'm scared too. But it's going to be okay. Everything is going to turn out alright. You're going to be fine, I'm going to be fine, everyone's going to be okay." He assured me. I knew he didn't believe any of it. He knew as well as I did that nothing was going to turn out alright.

"You know that's not true."

"If we believe it is then it will be." I looked at him. Now it was my turn to think he was crazy. "Stop looking at me like I'm crazy. I'm not crazy."

"I know but you're acting like it."

"I just want to wake up from this nightmare. I want to wake up in the clearing with you in my arms and Logan snoring away by the river." He said.

"Dustin, since the day you saved me you had to realize, this isn't a fairy tale. Our kinds don't get the happy endings. We are the things that end up dead. You have done all you can to make us the ones who survive. We need to wake up and look at the hard, cold truth. We're never going to be anything more than what we are. We're never going to get our fairy tale ending. Since the day you saved me our lives have changed. We need to realize that no matter what we can't have a happy ending." I say honestly. Tears were streaming down my face. I couldn't keep them back.

He pulls me close. "I know. I just wish that they could just see the two of us. See how far we have come just to keep each other alive. How much we have come to love each other." He whispers.

We walk to the table. We sit down. I wiped away the remaining tears. Dustin pulled me close to him.

"What happened?" Bella asks.

"Nothing." I lie.

Logan comes and sits next to me. Bella looks at the three of us weirdly. "Bella would you mind if the three of us just had lunch outside today?" Logan asks.

"No." I say. "I want Bella to come too."

"You sure?" Logan asks.

"You need to be with her. You might never see her again after tonight." I whisper.

"Bella, would you like to come?" Logan asks.

"Of course."

Logan and Dustin had their arms around me. Logan's other arm went around Bella. We walked out to the courtyard. We sat under a maple tree and ate our lunches. I didn't want them to leave my side. I would miss them all.

Bella leaned over and whispered into my ear. "Why were you crying?"

"I just might not see you guys again." I told her honestly.