The ungodly machine Part 1

Ranna's POV

after joey read the note i was sitting on the couch with Oli and joey looked concerned. 

"okay we really need to leave. lets go outside. i have a car that can take us out of here" he said as we all walked outside. we started walking toward the car. i was the closest when i heard a giant explosions. i fell onto the ground as Oli ran over to me and picked me up bridal style. i looked at him as he was running back into the house. he gave me a smile. i snugged into his warm chest realizing how cold i was. i had left my jacket in the car. i shivered as Oli put me on the couch. i hugged myself. he noticed this and gave me his jacket. i slipped it on and went over to the others. i just wanted to fell useful but all everyone did was argue.

I eventually went back and I just sat on the couch with Oli when i heard people accusing each other of killing Shane. i eventually lifted off of Oli chest and put my hands over my ears. I saw Oli do the same out of the corner of my eye. This whole scenario scared the crap out of me! one of my best friends just died!

" i mean what if ranna did it?! she was the one who found the box with Justine!" i heard sierra say. i snapped my head around to see everyone looking at me.

"what reason would i have to kill one of my best friends!" i said getting upset and went over to the rest of the group looking over shanes body.

"im just saying" she said putting her hands up and walking away. Oli joined us

"well what if it was the maid!" Eva said pointing at her. i scanned her looking down and quickly jumped back. 

"i mean. she did put a head on a plate!" sierra screamed as Sarah pulled out another box and placed it on the table. she opened it to revel a hand. i was kinda getting used to body parts at this point and didn't move. i moved around to the front and saw a note and read it.

" i dont do boards!" i said and gave the note to Tim. i looked at Justine and she was right next to a spirit board.

"excuse me but i believe we need a voice for the board" the butler said as Justine started reading. the board started glowing. i looked at it wide eyes and saw that certain letters were lighting up. 

"B" Oli said coming to my side. another letter lit up.

"O, O" i said. another letter lit up just as before.

"k"Oli said.

"Book?" i said. suddenly an 's' flashed on the spirit board

"books" Oli and i muttered. we looked at each other and blushed.

"everyone look for books!" i said running into a room. i found a book with the number 5 on the bottom in roman numerals. i came into the room. Oli and Tim had one book each. I gave the books to Oli and so did Tim. they all had the same symbol that the hand did. at the top of the spine was an arrow. i looked at the box with the hand and saw that there was some knobs at the bottom. eventually joey, sierra, and Andrea joined us. we had 5 books now. we needed at least three more. Oli ran out and 3 minutes later came back with a book.

"were missing books one and two" joey said turning around looking through the book cases. i saw another book on a stand and took it with me. i saw Andrea look at the clock and opened it to revel a clock. how did she know that was there? anyway we brought our books back. Oli read out the numbers as joey put them in the machine. the light bulbs switched on as he turned the last knob up. we saw the lights flicker as i gripped onto olis arm.

"3, 5, 4,7" we heard. i was scared out of my mind. i shut my eyes and gripped oils arm tighter. he moved closer to me. suddenly everything just stopped. we looked to sierra who had taken out a box and placed it on the table. she put in the number and we looked inside to find....?

"chess pieces?" i asked looking in the box. 

"it would appear so" joey said and took them out and placed them randomly on the board. we saw a note inside the box and Tim read it out. we had to put the chess pieces on the board according to the note. Justine and sierra sat down and started moving them when a drawer popped out. there was a not. it looked like it was ripped out from a journal of some sort. Oli read it out and it said we needed to find earth, air, fire, and water. me, oli and joey splint into a group while the others split off into different groups of 3. we saw a box with the same symbol as water. the box had a glass with tulips on the top and a dark hole on the other side i ran over to the vase and picked it out and started pouring bit by bit into it. 

"its like eating it! put more in" joey said to me and Oli. i nodded and continued pouring until there was not more water in the vase.

"well now what. do we just wait?" Oli asked. i shrugged when a look of realization came across my face. Oli looked at me confused.

"what?" he asked gaining joeys attention.

"what if we were supposed to put the water in the tulips because you water them to keep them alive" i said putting my hand on my forehead. 

"bloody hell" Oli muttered. 

"i think your right. what if we just like pour it back out into the vase?" joey suggested. Oli hesitated as we all picked up the box. it started leaking as i started laughing with Joey. we tried to pour it back off as the water spilled everywhere. Oli kept saying ' i knew this wasn't gonna work' and 'this is the worst idea ever ' and me and joey are just laughing so hard at Oli. so we took what was left of the water that we tried to put back in the vase and pored it on the tulips. Oli i reached in and tried to fish something out.

"what are you?" i said but what cut off by oli pulling out a piece of paper with the number 3 on it. 

"woo ho!" i said as Oli span me around. we started laughing as Sarah watched us like a hawk watched their prey. i dint care because we had a shot at living!