Betrayal At The House On The Hill (Part 3)

Ranna's POV

"C'mon Eva get in here" Joey said as we slowly looked out the door and scouting for Marvin and the others. She was just walking around when she jumped down where we were and stood next to joey. We were running to a near by bush and tree. We spotted the fountain. 

"Ready. One, Two Three go!" Joey whispered shouted at us. I saw Marvin looking in my direction so i threw my shoes into a bush far away to get him running and you know what it freaking worked! We ran to the fountain and Oli was running a bit too fast and slipped on the wet grass behind the fountain so i guess that was good? Joey started looking into the water. 

"There's a gem in the water!" Joey whispered and pointed into the fountain. 

"a gem?" Oli said confused and i nodded. I saw something by Joeys feet and pointed at it.

"Joey look right there" I whispered and pointed right there. 

"a chest" He said bringing it up and putting on the fountain while looking around frantically for our murderers. There was a plaque on top of the chest and he read it out. 

"Under the water are three invisible gems. Put them on my crown and i will pay you ten fold." Joey said very quietly to the point where i could barley hear him. 

"Okay so..uh..quick grab something to fish it out!" I whispered and looking around near me. While Oli was trying to get with his hand i saw Joey's eyes caught something not too far away. 

"A rake, a rake, a rake!" Joey whisper shouted. He ducked and ran then picked up the rake. Then he ran back over and did the stupidest thing in the world. He stood right up on the edge of the fountain and tried to fish it out. I smacked my head. 

"I saw them!" Sara yelled making me jump and get extremely nervous. Joey's eyes widened as we all ducked down. He got them quickly while Sara was trying to call for Arthur. Joey shoved the gem's into his pocket. I stood up and ran with Oli by my side. 

"Over there!" I heard Sara say and we all hid behind a wall of bushes. I breathed out and crouched down with my hands on my knees out of breath. I felt a hand rubbing my back and i looked behind me to see Oli with a small smile. I returned and sat up completely and listened. 

"The spirits will speak words to help you find the demons eyes and i guard the house with my wings." Joey said looking confused. 

"Is that like a statue?" Eva asked also confused. I felt it on the tip of my tongue but i couldn't remember it for the life of me. 

"It's uh.." i said trying to think as hard as possible. The word suddenly popped into my head. 

"The gargoyle!" Oli and I said excitedly. We looked at each other and laughed. 

"Crap we have to get inside" i said looking scared as freaky Sara was in there. We all looked slightly scared but Joey took charge again. 

"Let's try and go up through the side stair case and try to avoid any big open windows." Joey said telling us the plan like a high school football team. We nodded and i was tempted to yell break but i kept that to myself. Joey started counting on his fingers and he pointed in the direction we needed to go. My adrenaline rush kicked in finally and i burst off running to the front of the house. Marvin thankfully didn't see me as i looked at the others they were running and Oli was the farthest. Sara came to the window i was close to so i ran up the stairs. thats when all hell broke loose. 

"i see them in the front!" Marvin yells as joey pulls me into the door closest to him and shuts it behind him and Eva. We duck behind a wall away from her as she was up stairs. I looked at them and there were only 3 of us....OLI ,SHIT, NO

"i found him!" I heard Arthur yell from outside. My eyes widened as i felt tears come to them. 

'i'm so sorry' Joey mouthed putting a hand on my leg. I put my legs to my chest and my face in my legs. I cried silently 

"Oli get inside" Joey said quietly. I didn't think much of it other then he was just hoping out loud i hope. 

"What is he doing" Eva said as i saw her out of the corner of my eye look at the window. She saw me and pointed at the window. I was about to look when I heard the door open and silently shut. I saw Oli running in as i gasped. 

"Get over here" Joey said pointing at me. He rushed over to me and brought me into a tight hug. 

"I thought he got you" i whispered into his ear. he grabbed my hand. 

"I'm not dying anytime soon" He said into my ear. We pulled away and wiped the remaining tears off my face. 

"Sara's upstairs and she should be com-" Joey said but was cut off with the sound of foot steps. coming down the stairs. 

"She's coming! get behind the table" joey whispered shouted as we ran to the secret room. Eva's shoes were so freaking loud im surprised she didn't hear them. I pulled out a chair and slid under the table with the rest of the right behind me. As joey was coming in, he pulled the chair behind him. I scooted closer to Oli as i laid on the ground all balled up facing him. Oli laid on the floor next to me and brought me into his chest and wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me to him (they were saving space okay!!). I heard the clink of the devils heels as i was squeezed into Oli. I put my head on his chest and listened to his heart beat to try and stop myself from having a panic attack. His heart was beating really fast so i snuggled into his chest a little more somehow and it calmed him down enough. Her heels slowly clinked by us and i thought she was gonna reach under the table and stab one of us but no she didn't she us. We waited for Sara to head up the back stair case. We heard the heels go up the stairs. I sighed quietly and waited for Joey and Eva to slide out of the chair quietly and slide out. I released my self from Oli's grip and was a blushing mess honestly. I slide out and stood up on my feet being careful and i grabbed Oli's hand to help him out from under the table. 

"Come out, Come out and play" Marvin screamed from the outside. Joey got scared and ran up the stairs as Sara was coming back down and heard his footsteps. My eyes widened as i pulled Oli's hand behind the book case wall and Eva was on the one next to us.

"ah ha!" She said running up those stairs he went up. he was in a room and called for Eva. 

"eva, C'mon!" He shouted as i heard a scream and a door slam. 

"Open the door! OPEN THE DOOR" Sara screamed knocking on it as hard as possible. I jumped and hid in Oli's chest because i hate when people yell like that. I heard her yell at the door and give up. She stomped down the stairs. Oli scooted us over to the corner and brought his arms around me with one on my head and one across my shoulders pulling me to him. He had his head on top of mine and i forced my eyes shut.  I heard her ascend the other stair case again. 

"Eva" Sara said in a creepy voice as she went up the other stairs. Oli poked his head out of the side. 

"All clear" he whispered to us and kissed my forehead. We heard Joey call for us so that was our time to bolt up the stairs to joey. We saw his silver hair poking out the door as we reached the top. 

"Thank god" He whispered. he pointed to what looked like a pulley door. we moved the small hallway stand thing and pulled the door up making a lot of noise which made me wince. We rushed inside and pulled the door down behind us. We look out the small window to see the gargoyle!

"The gargoyle!" Oli said excited. 

"I see them!" Marvin yelled as we all backed away from the window except for Joey. He put the two gems and?

"What now" i asked joey. He was confused and was running a hand through his hair. 

"i-i don't know" He said confused when all of a sudden a drawer popped open next to Eva. 

"Oh my god" She said taking out a care. It said.......