Chapter 8 ~ Motel California {Part 1}

Emma's P.O.V.

"I've seen worse. . ." Scott says aloud as we gape at the dingy motel we were expected to stay in overnight.

"Where have you seen worse?" Stiles asks, a tone of doubt in his voice. Just then, Coach Finstock blows his whistle to get everyone's attention.

"Listen up," he says. "The meets been postponed till tomorrow. This is the closest motel with the most amount of vacancies and the least amount of judgement when it comes to accepting a bunch of degenerates like yourselves."

Coach shakes his head with a look of disgust before continuing. "You'll be pairing up, so choose wisely."

As everyone begins grabbing their room keys from Finstock, I become bombarded by several people, mostly guys, saying that they wouldn't mind if I bunked with them. Coach overheard the boys talking to me and blew his whistle again. That thing was starting to get on my nerves.

"Leave Miss Clark alone you hormonal freaks. I'll have no sexual perversions perpetrated by you little deviants, got that?!" he yelled in their faces, which was quite amusing.

"Keep your dirty little hands to your dirty little selves! And that goes for the rest of you, too!"

Allison approached me and wrapped her arm around mine. "Don't worry Coach, she's rooming with us."

I appreciated Allison coming to my rescue. I was beginning to feel uncomfortable having those boys talk to me the way they did. And honestly, did they really think I was the kind of girl who would share a room with boys I barely know? I'm not. Actually, I probably wouldn't even share a room with Scott, Stiles, Isaac, or Boyd. I just wouldn't feel right about it.

"Lydia, are you coming?"

I turned around after hearing Allison speak and saw Lydia staring at the hotel, worriedly.

"I don't like this place," she says.

"I don't think the people who own this place like this place," I said with a laugh.

Allison nodded her head in agreement. "It's just for a night."

Lydia still stood where she was, her expression only becoming deeper with concern.
"A lot can happen in one night. . ."

Stiles' P.O.V.    

"Alright, so I have four."

Scott looks at me from his bed, surprised. "Four? You have four suspects?"

"Yeah, seriously ten. Well, nine technically I guess, cause I had Derek on there twice."

"So, who's number one? Harris?" Scott asks.

"Just because he's missing, doesn't mean he's dead," I respond.

"So, if he's not dead, our Chemistry teacher is out secretly commiting human sacrifices?"

"Yeah, I guess that just sounded way better in my head," I admitted.

"Well, what if it's somebody else from school?" Scott adds. "Remember Matt? We didn't know that he was killing people."

I sat up quickly and looked at him questioningly. "Excuse me? I'm sorry what?"

I was standing now with my hands on my hips as Scott layed on his bed watching me. "Uh, yes we did. I called that from day one, actually."

"Yeah, but we never seriously thought that it was Matt."

"I did!" I exclaim. "I was serious. I was quite serious, actually. Deadly serious, no one listened to me!"

Scott ignored me and changed the subject. "What were the other three?"