Chapter 17 ~ The Getaway

Stiles P.O.V.   

"Where the hell is Jennifer?!"

My heart pounds in my chest as I glance around the operating room and see that Ms. Blake is no where in sight. Derek, Scott, and I had just escaped Ethan and Aiden's wrath with the help of Peter. We managed to grab Cora, but the twins intercepted us on the way and now they've got us hiding in an empty surgery room. Jennifer had been with us before but somehow she disappeared. Without her, I'll never find out where she's hidden my father.

"We have to find her now," I say, pacing the length of the room. "We have to get her before they do."

"Stiles, be quiet," Derek demands.

Anger bubbles through me as I turn to look at him. "Me be quiet? Me? Are you telling me what to do now? When your psychotic mass-murdering girlfriend -- the second one you've dated, by the way - has got my dad somewhere, tied up, waiting to be ritually sacrificed?"

Scott reaches out to me. "Stiles, calm down. The Alpha's are still out there, it's too dangerous for us to go after her."

"The Alpha's want Jennifer, and without her both Cora and my dad are dead."

"Speaking of dead," Peter interrupts, "Cora is not looking any better. What are we going to do?"

"You can't help her."

We all turn around to see Jennifer standing in the doorway. My body relaxes slightly as she makes her way into the room while continuing on her spiel.

"I promise to save Cora, and I will tell you where Sheriff Stilinski is being held, but only after I've escaped the Alpha's inhabiting this hospital who want me dead."

Derek rushes forward, claws extended, as he growls in anger at her. "You were trying to escape!" Scott holds him back from getting any closer.

"No, I was trying to stay alive," she explains. "I can't be blamed for that."

"If you really want us to believe that you're one of the "good guys", you should heal Cora right now," I state.

Jennifer shakes her head. "No, not until I'm safe. Besides, if I wasn't the good guy, would I have brought these two to safety when I could have left them to die?" My heart flutters when she opens the door and pulls Emma and Lydia inside. I haven't seen either of them since the incident at the school.

"I found them wandering around the hospital when I was trying to find my way back to you. If I hadn't found them, the Alphas would have torn them to shreds."

"We would have been fine," Emma mumbles.

I rush forward and wrap my arms around Emma. She seems surprised but she returns the gesture, burying her head in my chest. 

"What are you guys doing out of bed? We were coming to get you," Scott says as he hugs Lydia.

"We got tired of waiting for someone to get us, so we left on our own," Lydia explains. "We had no idea all of this was going on."

"All that matters is that you guys are alright," Derek says. "We'll get you out of here."

Suddenly, Melissa's voice comes over the loud speaker system. "Mr. Deucalion. . . I'm sorry, just Deucalion, wants Derek Hale and his friends to bring the woman calling herself Jennifer Blake to the ER reception area within ten minutes."

"He won't hurt her," Jennifer rushes to explain. "Deucalion wants perfection. He needs to add the true alpha to his ranks. He knows he won't convince him by hurting the people he loves."