Eighteen

I don't know what compelled me into taking Sunday classes. I let out a small yawn and look at the fully risen sun. It's about 1 in the afternoon and I'm in serious need of a coffee to wake me up.

I hop in my car and pull my phone out of my pocket. I have a new text message from Harry.

From Harry: Hey cutie. What time you coming to get me?

I scowl at the nickname. I told him yesterday I hate being called cute, but of course Harry ignored me.

To Harry: Don't call me that and I'm leaving now. Be ready.

I send the message and start my car. The drive to Harry's flat is short and the music flowing through my speakers livens my mood. I pull up in front of the building and Harry quickly exits - smiling and cheerful.

He practically skips to the car and plops himself down in the passenger seat.

"Hey, Lou!" Harry greets me happily. I give him an odd look and start to pull away.

"Hi, Harry. Why so cheerful?" I ask. I can feel the excited buzz coming off of him and I normally would find it annoying, but it's Harry so it's fine.

"Well I got a job at a restaurant. I'm really happy about that," Harry tells me. I smile and congratulate him. He happily accepts my praise and continues to light up my car with his dimpled smile.

"Where do you want to go to celebrate?" I ask. Harry turns to me and thinks about it. He bites his lip in an adorable way and I have to pry my eyes off him so I don't crash.

"Can we just walk around downtown?" He asks. I'm confused by his choice, but nod my head and start to drive in that direction.

The drive is quiet - it's not awkward though - and I hear my phone buzz next to me.

"Harry, be a doll and check my phone," I say. I see him grab and quickly type in my passcode. He examines the text quickly and then turns to me.

"Nathan says practice is switched to 7 tonight," Harry tells me. I sigh and switch lanes smoothly.

"Just say 'okay'" I reply. Harry quickly replies and sets my phone back down. It quickly buzzes again. I gesture for him to check.

"Um. Nathan wants to know if you want to go out after," Harry tells me. I smile and nod.

"Tell him I say sure," I tell Harry. He types that in and just places my phone on his lap. He's staring at it and quickly grabs it when it lights up.

"He says... 'Can't wait to see you. Hopefully we get lucky tonight.'" Harry frowns while reading and I feel my face heat up. Nathan just had to say that.

"Don't reply," I tell Harry quietly. Harry just places my phone down and doesn't say a word.

"I don't plan on fucking anyone tonight. I just want to say that," I finally speak. I glance over at Harry quickly and see his shoulders relax at my words.

"It's okay. You can if you want," Harry says, but it's obvious he doesn't want me to.

"I don't want to. You could come if you want," I suggest. Harry snorts and I look at him curiously.

"I am not going out with you and all your football friends. No thanks," Harry replies. I just shrug my shoulders and give him a 'Suit yourself' look.

•••

"It's freezing. Why did you want to walk around?" I ask. My teeth chatter as the wind whips through my thin jacket. Harry glances over to me and takes off his coat.