9. the mystery fire

walking along the beach front, the sand wiggling through my toes as I held my shoes, swaying them back and forth as I walked with the wind. My hair tangling around my face. The sunset beaming onto my bare skin, although it was slowly dispersing.
i walked down to the water and stepped through the water, the coldness biting at my feet but the relaxation of it scattered along my skin.
Stopping in the water-it at my ankles, I looked at the colourful sky. Blues, purples, orange, reds and pinks penetrated the sky as the sun was about to sleep. I watched as the sun waved and left, I was soon left with the stars shining down on me. Thinking back to what Brett had said
"Oh, pull your chin up, the crown will fall, princess. Don't you see how the stars are shining just for you"

I smiled sadly and turned around, walking up to the rock wall. Climbing the 3 layers of rocks to get to the path was a little scary, sometimes the rocks are not that steady so you could fall. Lucky me I got up without a hassle and walked down the path to the house.
I decided to walk around this afternoon so now I have to walk back, so I took out a smoke and smoked away everything. I notice someone following me; I turned corners and they did too, I turned into an alley and walked to the end. Hiding behind the corner. I laid down to look around the corner to see the guy walking down. I stood up and waited;
I saw him walk out of the alley and look at the streets,
"Who are you?" I ask from behind obviously watching him jump.
"Uh" he says slowly turning towards me. I exhaled the smoke.
"Are you smoking?" He asks
"Who are you?" I ask
"Carmen, Carmen, Carmen. Wait until your little father dearest figures out that you smoke" he says
"Who are You?!" I yell
"Jackson. Jackson Lopez" he says smiling.
"Why are you following me. Jackson."
I ask
"I'm here to escort you to my basement" he exclaims.
He starts inching closer and I slowly pull the cigarette to my mouth inhaling, before exhaling right in his face.
"You little mut" he growls
"What?" I ask
"You just blew smoke in my face" he tells dramatically
He went to grab my hair and I stuck my cigarette into his arm and he screamed. Which meant one thing...
Run.
I ran all the way home and went to bed. Awaiting for something terrible to happen.

I woke up to the smell of fire. I looked frantically everywhere, trying to find the source.
I opened my balcony door to see a little pot filled with paper and gasoline up in flames. I grab the water and pour it over the flames seeing it die down only a little before going back up even more. I grabbed a cloth and swayed it at the flames until they died.
Next to the pot was a note pinned to the railing;
You can't run from me..
sweet heart.
Xoxo Jackson

Oh no. Oh hell no. This isn't happening. I looked into the pot and noticed a packet of cigarettes sitting at the bottom of it, all burnt.
"Fica" I mutter before taking the pot inside, taking out it's contents before throwing the pot into the kitchen before walking back into my room and shutting the sliding door of the balcony. I laid in bed staring at the ceiling, observing my surroundings.
I heard the door creak open and heard little patters of footsteps walking towards my bed. I felt their body snuggle into me and I instantly knew who it was. I wrapped my arms around her and fell asleep.

Sorry for the really short, really bad chapter.
Please forgive me.