5. Vile colours

1 year ago:

Looking over at the mountain, the sun arising. With the big window show-casing the scenery outside, my droopy eyes glued to the clouds parting for the sun. I couldn't stand being here. Everyone hated it here, but I couldn't stand being in this room. Brett, sat lifelessly against the bed. I couldn't stand it. Been here for the past 3 days. Haven't slept a wink.
Lacy was asleep next to him.
The sound of the heart monitor beep ever so slowly. It was too early for him. The car crashed brought him down 3 years.
The bright orange digits above his head started disappearing, not before I read what the last 2 lines said;

18/8/2018
6:23:09am

I looked up at the clock, 6:20am, I started crying. He couldn't leave this early. I walked over to him and kissed him softly on the cheek, before looking at the clock, 10 more seconds. i breath in, then out. The heart monitor finally passes out, leaving a long line, with an even longer noise. Lacy wakes up to it and starts shaking Brett.

How could I be so stupid not to realise that he had also hurt himself rescuing us from such a small crash. The eternal bleeding not noticed until it was too late. If only i was able to see, to see the damaged and severity that occurred and not just those stupid numbers that danced above his head.

"Lacy, baby, he is gone" I say crying as I hug her tightly.
We were in a car crash a couple days ago, it wasnt anything big, Brett actually rescued both Lacy and I, we had nothing wrong with us. Well, not that i noticed. Brett had fallen to the ground unconscious alarming me.

That's how it started.
The ability to see the sick and deranged. The vision of diseases that eat away at the body, the oh so soon-to be lifeless body. The spectrum of colours reflecting the severity of what was to come. The degrading capability visiting...

Present Day:

"Please help my sister!" I say tears slithering down my now-pale face.
"whats going on?" Lacy asks
"You have lung cancer" I say crying
"what?" she asks her voice barely above a whisper
A few minutes later, a doctor comes out asking for us, i carry Lacy into a room filled with devices seemingly-painful to the naked eye. Looks can be deceiving though.
"So what seems to be the problem?" the doc asks
"I think my sister has lung cancer" I say looking him dead in the eyes.
"we'll take an x-ray and the results will be with you soon." he says before taking an x-ray of Lacy.
"how do you know?" Lacy asks
"The day Brett left us..." I trail off and i saw tears in her eyes
"Above his head were bright orange numbers saying how long he had left, his number slowly went down , the time showed when he would leave. That day i had wished for the ability to see the weakness of ones body. That day, i did indeed get the ability to see ones weakness from disease. Today, your chest glowed, A bright sky blue-white emitting the soon-to be deadly disease. I will not allow it to get worse" I say grabbing her hand and see the cancer spreading furiously. A vile orange-violet colour slowly growing, seeping through the light blue stream, showing the most immerse, inundated colour-scheme. Going at rapid rates, the light proceeding to become darker with every passing minute.

I hugged Lacy so tightly, the tear dripping from my chin to her cheek, i felt her tense but then relax like the world is at peace.
I grab both hands before looking at her chest again, it was glowing the bright blue-white it was before the vile colours seeped through. There was a little spot of violet and orange, the catastrophic colours disappeared, only leaving the tiniest bit of revenge, the light blue tone defeating the vile colours of the deadly disease.
"She is going to be fine, just need to keep her here for a bit" the doctor says smiling.
"okay.." I trail off.
we walked out of the room to bump into
her.

.

.

.